1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Benefit of various item for weight loss and PCOS ( from internet)

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by SGA, Aug 19, 2012.

1. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

its ok dear ... even i have PCOS , Facial hair , Female Baldness and thining of hair , Overweight , emotional mostly stress, disturb sleep etc etc ...

Now with Diet and exercise i have reduce weight and my BMI is in normal range now .... weight loss is usually slow but its possible

2. tasmiaasad

tasmiaasad New IL'ite

how didu lose weight? and how much? i am reading weight loss tamasha by rujuta diwekar ..its very good but lil bit confusion...like eating every 2 hours.its quite difficult with 2 lil one and doing everything on my own in uk..and she also suggest to take supplements.like b complex, magnesium,calcium,omega etc.even i have iron deficiency..but i always hate taking supplements on daily basis..
    i was thinking of making alsi pinni with less oil and sugar and including sesame seeds, almond to get sufficient amount of iron and omegas.it says its good way to take natural things than supplements.i will try to make it healthy.
    what did u do or your hair loss? i am taking laser treatments for facial hairs and thinking to check the laser treatment option for hair loss too.. but my main concern is to have best healthy diet and weight loss( from so many years i am doing rubbish diets and made more damage to my body)...i need to lose alot of weight..like 40 kg at least..

3. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

@tasmiaasad

Check your PM

4. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Remedies for hair loss in PCOS

Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a group of signs and symptoms including irregular menstrual cycle, hair loss, hirsutism, acne, dark patches etc. The major underlying cause for these symptoms is Insulin Resistance (IR). High levels of insulin in the blood cause over-production of the male sex hormones (testosterone).

High levels of testosterone reduces the rejuvenation of the hair follicles in the scalp. Surprisingly, they activate the follicles where hair growth is not required like chin, cheeks, upper lips etc. which is known as hirsutism. A male pattern of baldness is observed in women with PCOS with hair loss on the top and middle. This brings in a strong connection between women and hair loss.

There are some simple natural home remedies that may help you prevent loss of hair in PCOS and also regrowth of the lost hair:

Indian Goose berry oil (also known as amla) oil is one of the best treatment against hair fall. Goose berry juice can also be applied on the scalp before hair wash.

Keratin, an essential protein in hair is necessary for strengthening the hair. Take sufficient amount of protein in the diet through eggs, milk, yogurt, cheese, soy products, chicken, fish etc.

● Massage with coconut oil or coconut milk is helpful.

● Use of almond oil for hair massage is also a good home remedy.

Avoid excess intake of sugar as well as simple carbohydrates as they may lead to over-production of testosterone.

● High levels of sugar in blood is known to reduce biotin (B vitamin) levels in the body. This may also cause hair fall. Rich sources of biotin are yeast, egg, chicken, liver, cauliflower, tomato, avocado, raspberries etc. which if included in diet can help reduce hair loss.

Spinach juice when combined with lettuce juice reduces hair fall.

● Application of henna (aka mehendi) on the scalp prevents hair loss.

Fenugreek seeds powder and mixed with little water and applied on the scalp before bath reduces hair loss

● Application of powdered liquorice, a natural herb, stops hair fall in women showing symptoms of PCOS.

● Fresh aloevera (herb) pulp applied on the scalp prevents hair fall.

● A fine paste of black pepper seeds mixed with lime seeds powder and curds applied over the scalp is a good home remedy.

● Application of cinnamon powder and honey mixed in olive oil on scalp is a natural home remedy for PCOS.

These treatments for hair loss during PCOS are natural home remedies that are easy and ready-to-implement. These can not only help you retrieve your beautiful and healthy hair but also get back your normal skin, reduce facial hair, regularize your menses and improve fertility and overall health. So why not try them once?

Source: http://www.fatsoff.com/articles/remedies-for-hair-loss-in-pcos

5. lavy12

lavy12 Silver IL'ite

so much of information just in one thread. Amazing!

Thanks for posting.

6. tasmiaasad

tasmiaasad New IL'ite

i am so sorry.i start to use IL after long time...i cant see any pm now :-(

7. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tasmi

First you need to understand is that your weight loss will be very difficult and very slow.. ....

how didu lose weight? and how much-----My WEIGHT details

my diet and exercise followed is already in this forum .....

I just had 12kg to reduce to reach my ideal weight in 2010 ... i started weight loss journey in 2011 and got my weight from 60 to 48 kg and was maintaining it ( reduce 5 inches off my waistline ) .....Again in 2012 my weight increased to 55kg ( may be due to medical conditions and waist gain was 2 inches ) ......was frustuated with weight gain as i was doing workout for 1.5hr ...Again planned my diet and workout for 2012 ...Currently my weight is 51.7 ...i am determine to take my weight back to 48kg ( i know this is difficult but not impossible)...IMPORTANT THING IS THAT I DINT GIVE UP

My testosterone report was very high112 reading ( when normal above limit is 76) .... this year my reading is 79...

Regarding Hair ...
    my hair was thining ..now its much better than before ... Apply curd and egg and mendhi 1's in 15days , and hair oil 1's a week ( if possible mix almond , castor , olive and coconut oil).....

For Facial hair i have purchase a epilator

Some point for diet
    • Eat 5 times a day bet this timing ie breakfast (7 -8), mid snack ( 10:30 to 11:30), lunch ( 1 t0 2 ) ,mid snack ( 4 to 5) and dinner ( 7 to 8:30)
    • Stay away from Maida things
    • less or no oil and sugar
    • Include dryfruits if you dont want to have supplement ( badam , pista unsalted,walnut ,2 Dates )
    • Most important ...reduce stress

Since you have 40kg to reduce ..you can reduce first 10kg much faster than me ie if you stay committed for 6 months with proper diet and exercise ... start with one one change in your food at a time an do exercise for 30 min

Dont expect a miracle to happen in a month..Give at least a year of time

PS: i am not a dietician ..Just a girl who is trying to eat healthy due to PCOS

All the Best......

The most important thing is that you need to start doing things ( from today ...remember tomarrow never comes ) rather than thinking of starting them

5 people like this.
  8. tasmiaasad

tasmiaasad New IL'ite

oh thank u sooo much dear..u have done brilliant..yeah i am trying these days again..but some time i get stressed thinking how can i gain so much weight....anyways its action time..and your story giving me inspiration that i can beat pcos and all the symptoms..sorry to bothering u so much but did u do low carb diet??? or just normal roti, rice etc

again thanx dear

9. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Currently i am following diet given by GYM , Before that i had Brown rice , roti , egg white , dry fruits , fruits and veg, Veg Salad ... Basically NO or Less Oil and Sugar Diet with at least 45min workout ...No much outside stuff And I even have a cheat day one's in a week where i Ate 1 outside stuff of my choice

My diet detail are in followin thread
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/169886-my-slow-steady-weight-loss.html

10. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Minerals as diet for PCOS

Are mineral and PCOS related? Dietary mineral deficiency and PCOS are now being linked together due to the fact that minerals play a major role in most of the metabolic functions in the body. Poly cystic ovaries basically involves a severe hormonal imbalance. These women suffer from insulin resistance (IR) and present with high levels of testosterone. Common symptoms include irregular menses, acne, anovulation, hair loss, hirsutism etc.

Mineral supplements if included in polycystic ovarian syndrome diet may help to reduce the symptoms in the following ways:

Chromium- This is the most important mineral for women with PCOS. Insulin uses chromium for it's activity in carbohydrate metabolism. It's deficiency in the body may result in IR. A considerable amount of chromium supplementation can reduce the PCOS symptoms by controlling blood sugar, cholesterol levels as well as food cravings and hunger.
    Rich sources:: include Brewer's yeast, mushrooms, liver, onions, tomatoes and romaine lettuce.

Vanadium- Doctors have lately started recommending vanadium supplements in PCOS and weight loss. It helps stimulate the uptake of glucose by activating the insulin receptors and prevents raising the insulin levels in the blood. This will in turn reduce the insulin resistance, blood sugar and help in weight loss.
    Rich sources:: Black pepper, mushroom, soybean, chicken, scallops, codfish, eggs, dill seeds, oats, parsley

Zinc- Zinc targets almost all symptoms in PCOS. It is used to treat most of the menstrual problems and infertility. Insulin synthesis in the body requires zinc. It is also involved in the renewal of skin cells and is necessary for a healthy skin. Zinc rich diet also prevents hair loss and can be a real boon to women with PCOS. Zinc supplements can also act as anti-depressants.
    Rich sources include wheat germ, wheat bran, fish, eggs, chicken, chickpea beans, kidney beans, nuts, milk, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, spinach, strawberry etc.

Potassium- Potassium can act as a key mineral for weight loss in PCOS and diabetes mellitus. Potassium prevents excess water retention in the body, hypertension, and regulates kidney functioning. Potassium helps in releasing energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins in the body. Potassium is required for muscle strength and co-ordination.
    Rich sources of potassium include green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits and dairy products.

Magnesium- Magnesium is essential for muscle relaxation and it's deficiency may lead to a higher blood pressure. Imbalance of blood sugar also denotes a magnesium deficiency. Hence a magnesium supplement is necessary in PCOS.
    Rich sources ::Soybeans, fish, nuts, spinach, sunflower & pumpkin seeds

Calcium- Calcium supplement can help women with PCOS by improving the insulin sensitivity and there help in weight loss. Calcium also plays a vital role in maturation of egg and follicles.
    Rich sources of calcium that can be included in the daily diet are milk, yogurt, cheese, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, okra, sesame, almonds etc. Vitamin D is essential for absorption of calcium in the body. Good source of vitamin D is sunlight.

Copper- Elevated levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) or hair loss in PCOS may indicate deficiency of this mineral.
    Rich sources of copper include sunflower seeds, black pepper, wheat bran, lobsters, cocoa, mushrooms, barley, tempeh etc.

The requirement of all the above minerals is just few milligrams but they play a major role in most of the bodily functions. A complete balanced diet for PCOS can fulfill this requirement. However, a supplement or multi-mineral tablet may be started upon with the permission of your physician to ensure safety.

So, check out and for a mineral rich diet and discover a healthy you!

Link:minerals-as-diet-for-pcos - fatsoff