Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I actually do not refer anyone I do not know in a professional capacity either directly to the hiring manager or indirectly to a recruiter...period.
    Over the years I have learnt (painfully ofcourse ) that people can be great friends on a personal level but terrible employees....and my credibility suffers big time with each mistake. Not worth it. The converse is equally true...I might not click with someone but having worked with them in the past I know when a job is perfect match for him/her .
    When I refer I try to be as professional as possible...keeping my own personal preferences aside.
    Thats seems to work best all around.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Deepu04 and Rihana like this.
  2. justanothergirl

@Rihana I see PavBhaji from u...not sambhar in IP recipe thread
    ...somewhere else?

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That's odd. I thought I had posted. I will post both with IP and without IP versions. Am so flattered if anyone asks me a recipe. : )

justanothergirl likes this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

some Recruiters falsify resumes and use other tactics to place candidates ... it could be one of the reason

justanothergirl and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

That has been my/our experience too. Especially after one has worked for 10-15 years, who one refers to hiring manager, ex-colleagues or recruiter can matter. And more so, as one moves up the organization ladder.

Referring A Friend For A Job - Risks Involved

6. Rihana

People have time to clean silver........... I am so bad at everything....... Also gave away a huge "briefcase" kind of expensive flatware set.. all those silver spoons and etc sitting in white loops on royal blue velvet looking at me accusingly for darkening them with years of un-use. I recall being a tad sad at giving away all those items... the man consoled saying we are at least not divvying them up. : )

7. Rihana

Means? The OP there said friends were not sharing recruiter information, as in were being secretive about which (good) recruiter helped them find a good job.

ETA: Nevermind, got it! Yes, that could be a reason too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Oops .... wrote a big explanation without realizing that u got it

9. justanothergirl

...and a recruiter sometimes is involved in ur compensation negotiation gory details...if u do not trust ur recruiter to keep his /her mouth sealed..u might be wary of suggesting them to nosy acquaintances :)

jskls likes this.
  10. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I used to make bread. Now I don't. But still use the bread maker to make dough for unleavened rotis. It is the clean way to go. The basic bread-maker recipe is

400 grams of whole wheat flour (do not use all purpose flour,, but you may use chappti <durrum> flour)
    30 grams of butter (or olive oil)
    300 mL (or grams) of water.
    10 grams of sugar
    4 grams salt
    6 grams of dry yeast (Fleischman's in USA)

Add everything into the basket of the bread maker. Some bread makers would have separate yeast compartment, and many cheaper varieties do not. Either way it dont matter. Set the bread maker to make kneaded dough. Do not make Bread in the breadmaker. After the dough is done, take it out, flatten it, shape it, put it in a baking pan of the appropriate shape, and let it rise again. Once it has risen to shape, bake at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes.

There are plenty of youtube videos that show how to flatten the first risen dough, and shape, let it re-rise to shape, and then, bake. Watch a few.
    Dont believe everything you see on the internet. Experiment and find out for yourself.

Gauri03 likes this.