1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Thush

Thush Silver IL'ite

hi prss,

congrats on your weight loss.....
    nd what is your diet chart like??????

thanks
    thush

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Supreep,

I will update the "report card" either tomorrow or day after. So no worries.

I am neither working nor doing any freelance job but I am hunting for job right now :)

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

What is that 'report card' shiva ? please tell me.

4. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sansam,

When we eat less, certainly we are bound to have appetite before we get our next meal. So, how to quench this appetite ? Between two meals, when hunger strikes again, you can take a tea with two / three marie biscuts .........or.........you can take low calorie fruits like Papita (papayas) and peel removed green cucumber. Keep papayas and cucumbers always ready in your refrigerator. This can be taken between two meals................NOT chana or moong dal. Fried items between two meals, STRICTLY NO NO.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  5. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Dear Thush,

I wrote to Jazz about this yesterday. Am retyping a few of those line here.

I have PCOD and thats one reason for my weight gain. I am on medication for that and it aids weight loss. Other than that, I have changed my habit of munching on high calorie snacks. No chocolates. No Icecreams. I have Break Fast, Lunch and Dinner and have low calorie snacks inbetween - like apples, cucumber, butter milk. All as per Shiva's advise and its working for me.

Break Fast - Multi Grain Brownbread (2 or 4) with low fat cheeseted slice (from yesterday I have started having Hummus which is so tasty and filling), or 2 or 3 dosas on most days, or 3 idlies on few days with sambar or chutney (with no coconut - like tomato or coriander chutney) or idli chilly powder with 1 spoon oil, some days I take Nestle Fitness cereal or Kelloggs Special K with milk

Mid Morning - Apple or buttermilk or carrot orange juice or Kelloggs special K bar

Lunch - very little rice (one fist or even lesser) with sambar or any curry and a lot of vegetables (sauted in 2 or 3 spoons of oil which I make for the whole family (4 people))

Evening - 1 or 2 biscuits and juice

Night - 2 chappathis with subji or 1 dosa with sambar or chutney or idly chilly powder and orange carrot juice

I donot drink Coffee or Tea (from childhood onwards) and so I drink juices.

The point is that I avoid high calorie snacks. That has made a lot of difference for me.
    And, whats more important is that I am very happy with this way of eating low calorie food. I am enjoying this. I feel very light and flexible.
    Even if I have a little extra, I feel very very heavy. My stomach has shrinked a little bit:).

I have a long way to go. The first 10 Kgs I can manage with my above diet I am sure. To further reduce, I will have to change my diet pattern (like avoiding juices and bringing in fruits and salads and soups)for which I will get some advice from Shiva as soon as I am around 85Kgs.
    Also, I need to drink more water than I do now. Planning to buy a good water bottle which I can fill up and drink and finish off every day.

I hope this helps you Thush.

6. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear IndianGuy,

Its the weekly stats of weight that is published. Lots of members weigh in weekly and have being doing so from one month now. So its a compilation of their weight history.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Pooja, Ridha, Contented,Meera, Mrs, Vannu and Shiva, Thank you very much ladies for the warm wishes, I felt v happy to see that I am being sent gud wishes.. you guys are compensating for my loss of friends here…. My interview is on Wednesday ( tomm) , I wud update how it went….
    Shiva, I shudnt be weighing myself tdy but u know I weighed myself and J J J the scale showed 74.2…… I feel that definitely by coming Monday, I shud be 73.5 at the least… OMGG the scale is budging….It was just this May/June that I was so frustrated that I am not even losing a gram of weight… Thanks Shiva!
    Vannu, congrats for 1.5 kgs loss in a week. Dear, sometimes, we struggle to lose even 0.5 kgs and somedays, God bestows us gud things… Gud show girl, congrats!
    Pooja, have a nice vacation, I am sure u wud keep a tab on getting overboard with khana peena..
    Mrs, do convey gud wishes to ur Mom for her weight loss goals
    Love n Hugs
    Misha

8. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

am back to this thread once again. been a long gap inbetween...

so ,ladies how r u all doing?
    welcome to all newbies here.

Dear mrs,
    Hw r u doing?
    hws ur health?
    hws ur weight loss going?

9. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

hw r u?

its so good to be back writing here in this thread.

this thread is so full of commitments, motivation and tips....all working towards one goal-weight loss.

i feel good.

i ll start posting my diet, what i cook, what i eat, evrything fromnow on...

i ll gonna join a gym sooner...some how or other this weight has to drop to 50kgs!!!!!

will update sooner..

Love,
    Nisha

10. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Wow MRS Hats of for your MOM..
    say a big congrats from our side..
    You have a real motivation with you dear "your mom"
    so i am sure you will also..