Finest Posts - Nominations For February 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Between Kapali & Parathasarathy can there be any offence? Well-nigh impossible. LOL.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amulet
    Thank you for your nomination of @yellowmango 's response to Women In Comfort Zone Always Complaining
    yellowmango's sum up of her advice with the crisp concluding words
    hits the nail on its head.
    I really do not know how you do it but your selection of Snap out of it Moonshine scene of Cher fits it like a glove. Now I am wondering who is better, Cher or yellowmango!

3. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of @anika987 's It’s We Who End Up Alone...
    I am unable to comment on this post for two reasons. First I have two daughters and no sons. Both are treated extremely well by their in laws. Secondly my wife was treated so well by mother and she would often say that my wife was her daughter and I was her son-in-law! Maybe I have been extremely lucky.
    I often wonder why people do not realise that love begets love.
    Sri

Mistt, anika987, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Myliltwincesses and iyerviji like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji likes this.
  6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

iyerviji likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Cheeniya sir, Thank you for reminding me of the true meaning of Saptapadi.

"
    Officiant:
    ---------you are now taking into your care and keeping the happiness of the one person in all the world whom you love best. You are adding to your life not only the affection of a spouse but also the companionship and blessing of deep, lifelong trust. You are agreeing to share strength, share responsibilities, and to share the love. Where before you walked in life separately, from this moment forward you shall always walk together. Please take seven steps in accordance with Hindu tradition to solemnize the bond of your friendship:

First step: To respect and honor each other
    Second step: To share each other's joy and sorrow
    Third step: To trust and be loyal to each other
    Fourth step: To cultivate an appreciation for knowledge, values, sacrifice, and service
    Fifth step: To reconfirm our vow of love, family duties, and spiritual growth
    Sixth step: To follow the principles of Dharma (righteousness)
    Seventh step: To nurture an eternal bond of friendship and love,
    Two imperfect halves to make a perfect whole

(together) With these 7 steps, we have bound our friendship. You have become mine forever. From today forward we will share equally in all that life offers us.

Officiant:
    Please face each other and join hands.

The gift of your hands... Reach out to each other. Always be there as partners, companions, helpmates, and friends. Now that you have found each other, stay close and cling tenderly yet tightly as you journey through this world.

The gift of your hearts... Trust each other. Be gentle with your feelings, cherish your dreams, share your joys and hurts. Let the times you fall short be few and be forgiven. And let the times you surpass your needs and hopes be many.

The gift of yourselves... Believe in each other. Desire not to change or possess, but only to know each other honestly and completely. Respect your individuality and the things that make you unique. Honor your togetherness and the things that make you one.

The gift of your love... Care for each other truly and deeply, putting your commitment before all else. Live for your love... and your love will live forever.

This now is your promise, your pledge of love to each other."

This is a part of our ceremony that we wrote together for the officiant. Your beautiful reply made me open the file of our marriage vows and read it again.

Thank you!

Thyagarajan and Balajee like this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I nominate "Grandma's Rasam" by @Anusha2917. A nice tribute to an genteel orthodox older relative. Once again, a snippet from life with no drama, albeit full of emotion.

Welcome back Anusha2917. We also want to know how well you did in your exam(s).

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Amulet for the nomination. :blush:
    Good to be back.
    The first thing I did when I logged in to IL was write how I didn't get a "very good score" in my exam in positivity thread. So I am re attempting it in a few days with better preparation.

Amulet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.