1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women In Comfort Zone Always Complaining

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Emarald, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

I have a friend who is always complaining about her husband, in laws, her own parents and siblings. She used to tell me and more friends how controlling penny pinching is her husband. When I watch her closely I am so surprised and irritated to see her lavish spending so much money on her luxuries, house decorations and never doing any house work or job or anything productive all her life. She hate cooking or any job so always eat out, do lot of shopping, always chatting with friends and neighbors and cousins. she always want comfort and never want to work hard.
    She tied rakhi to my husband saying she feels like he is her brother. Whenever her husband get stressed to see her lazy behavior and lavish spending, they get fights and she call my husband to Mediate. She says money is not important, she doesn’t want money so she doesn’t want to do job. I m doing job because I m money minded. Whenever I tried to explain her if she doesn’t want to earn she should not spend also lavishly, she throws philosophy on me, give me lecture like some spiritual guru that money is not important in life, peace and happiness is important blah blah
    I feel like avoiding her but she keep calling my husband again and again that he should help them as brother. I feel so irritated with all this nonsense. Please advise.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Your husband should not pick her phone. Both of you should stay away from that family.

SinghManisha likes this.
  3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

These complaining people are there everywhere. Same guru didn't teach not to love materialistic things and lead minimal life? Ask her to first involve her own brother and your DH is busy in solving his own sis issues.

On a serious note, stay away from such negative people who can disturb your mental peace

sandhya2020 likes this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

In one ear, out the other when she starts talking. Minimize interactions with such people and cultivate more positive friendships.

AmulB likes this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

What is your husband’s take on this mediation work ? He likes it or hates it or has no opinion ?

6. ragzz

ragzz Silver IL'ite

My suggestion, Slowly reduce her friendship.

@Amulet may have some interesting suggestions on such threads usually.

Sunshine04 and SinghManisha like this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

This rakhi relationship spells trouble for you and your husband. Tell her to fix her own marital issues like most adults do and not rely on a rakhi wala bhaiya.

Vaikuntha and sandhya2020 like this.
  8. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I suspect @Amulet is going to ask OP to tie rakhi to the friends husband and overwhelm him with phone calls.

9. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Lol reading to ur post reminded me of nautanki Rakhi Sawanth. She is just playing n fooling around. Don’t entertain her if it bothers. Cut her off or avoid her everytime she initiates a conversation. The way she is boasting I don’t think she will be ready to take any Gyan from others.
    Shes street smart chick who doesn’t have to work for money, while some have to work their ass off. Not sure who’s lucky!

Vaikuntha likes this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Tell your husband to cut the rakhii crap.
    Tell her you don't believe in this fake rakhii brother crap and they should involve their own family to solve their problems.

How she lives her life and how they deal with life is their business?

Leading a simple life or lavish life is personal options as long as it does not spill over into other peoples lives.
    I have seen enough people live a good lavish life and still have a good retirement .They may not leave a few houses for their children or may not give a luxurious life to their siblings ...and that is fine too.

On the other extreme are people who live simple lives building property after property for their kids or fulfilling other commitments and find happiness in that and that way of life is fine too.
    Everyone has one life to live .

If you people otherwise don't mind their company or if husband enjoys the friendship of the couple...just tell them you guys are very uncomfortable getting involved in their issues and would like to stay out of it so that you can maintain a good friendship.

Try not to judge her or talk to her about her way of life or her not going out to work. Only her husband has that right.
    That will make sure she keeps her gyan to herself. Everyone has different lifestyles and it is fine .Just don't entertain her cribbing sessions.

Cheeniya, sindmani, AmulB and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.