How To Save Money?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by anika987, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Slick deals. Net
    Deals of America. Com
    I check these 2 websites daily

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Some more things which helps..

Signing up for rewards at the right places where we shop often..

1) Be it stores like Macy’s,or CVS/rite aid..I seem to save a lot!

2) when I started organizing and doing deep cleaning in the house.saw so many stuff lying around unused.that helps.for eg:Collected so many ziplock covers here and there..literally found nearly 15..in a store blindly buying one might be $3.99 something..the amount might seem small..but small drops only make an ocean:)

3) Some misc stuff can also be found in $1 sections in rite aid.Dollar shop is also another worthy place..

4) greeting cards can be got in bulk in dollar shops.spending $5 on one is a waste as no one seem to care..

I feel sometimes we overlook the small stuff..initially we might feel why we give so much importance to these but here and there we save plus we can spend on the right things with the money saved:)

Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also these paper napkin and stuff..most people tear it mindlessly and we buy more often..

Bounty might be costly and one can reuse it again and again two or three times..in many cases have a towel.

Just small Tips which we think are not too necessary but seems to help

5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I used to do this but I wouldn't recommend it. Ended up buying lot of things which I didn't need.

Instead, the way I used them now is, if I am in the market for something (say a mobile phone), I will go to the website and search for mobile phone every so often. Will not look at the deals posted.

I am curious how others use it.

anika987 likes this.
  6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I know you have mentioned you are a homemaker.

My thought is that no matter how much you look for deals, try to save, people have ways to reach into your pocket. Penny pinching will get you only so far. It might be a month or two of abstinence, but things will give.

Instead, recommend two things:
    1. Your kid is starting school. You should be free between say 8:30 to 2:00. Try to see if you can work on a local store as a cashier or anything else you can do ( Walmart, CVS etc ). Even if you worked 5 hours per day for 4 days @ $10/hr, 80 hours per month = $800

2. Work on a monthly/yearly budget which you can track. What are you saving for, what are you yearly expenses. This is a good time to start a college fund if you don't have for your kid. List out retirement, college fund, monthly expenses, annual expenses ( including vacation ), emergency fund, ( should have at least 6-12 months of your living expense ), future expense ( car broke down and you need a new one ) .

This will tell you, if you need to bring in more money or cut out your budget for things. ( Needs vs wants ).

Good luck.

Vaikuntha, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I mostly do this now.
    I was looking for a vacuum.
    Found this today
    Hoover UH70811PC WindTunnel 2 Pet Upright Vacuum Cleaner https://www.dealsofamerica.com/jump...uum-gray/6337713.p?skuId=6337713&dr=mobileapp

anika987 likes this.