1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

20180227_055452.jpg
    A weird combo for breakfast. Set dosa, sunflower seeds powder , sprouts ( cooked) and half cup of hibiscus + cinnamon tea. Heard that hibiscus tea is sleep inducing , but I didn' had any issues so far. I am on the way to reduce milk intake, quite hard.

Shanvy and kaniths like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

welcome. i knew so many lurkers and peepers. it would be nice to know on and off that what i post is helpful to someone. it takes a lot of effort by all who post here to share pics.

http://indusladies.com/community/threads/lunch-ideas-creating-balanced-vegetarian-meals.241203
    have shared one here which is for all year long.

the one above is eye ball measures.

a very reputed natural organic claiming brand has mineral oil in its herbal oil. even parachute oil has mineral oil depending on the label . i prefer the edible coconut oil.

i used the cold pressed oil. you can mix 1/2 castor and 1/2 coconut. but you need a good shampoo to wash the oil off your hair

this one was 100ml oil
    a fist full of ponnanganni greens
    10 shallots/sambhar onions
    thripala (i used the amla, kadukkai and thanrikaai as is but you can use thripala powder) a 2 tsp.
    a bunch of curry leaves if you want..

grind the shallots and ponnaganni without adding water. you can pound with pestle too.also curry leave if you are using.and add the kadukaai , amla and thanrikaai. fresh amla it can be 3 amlas cut into pieces and grind into a paste.

mix the ground mixture to the oil and allow it to heat and then boil on a low heat. dont allow it to smoke or burn. now remove from heat.
    now add thripala powder if usinf powder and mix.

let it rest for 5-6 hours. the herbs will steep well into the oil. i use a clean cloth and strain it . store in clean dry glass bottle.

apply with finger tips and allow it to be absorbed. since onion and ponnaganni are both coolant i dont preder overnjght application

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Indhradhanu lovely breakfast. i drink hibiscus tea regularly and mnay other teas and you know being a keen follower of this thread. i buy the flowers and make it now earlier i used to buy tea bags.

thank you. seeing your sprouts i wanted to so aprouted..
    5F59233B-EF72-44A2-86E0-E8048469FDA1.jpeg

we motivate each other by posting and sharing.. keep it coming..

Indhradhanu and rupz like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Indhradhanu here i go..
    333F4AFB-CCA9-4F9F-ADF6-D6ADAD88D57F.jpeg 7C9B674A-9AB5-4984-9241-BC0BFA83A26D.jpeg

hibsicus tea with fresh ginger but no sugar.

in case you are interested you should understand the + and -
    C70481FF-6AC5-4EFA-AA67-E8222A54DA79.jpeg

even if natural and good for us, there are certain combos and limits for them. be aware and be educated about them before blindly following..

5. Indhradhanu

Indhradhanu Silver IL'ite

:hearteyes: look at those tiny cuties... I always feel very positive seeing it.

Guess what, I got some ponnaganni just now after seeing that post of yours. Even though we have access to n number of health information, receipes and diet plans ,we will get more inspired and motivated when a friend tries it out. ;)

Shanvy likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it is good oil but dont use if you are prone to sinus. cools you well. but if you have dandruff then heat 2 tsp coconut oil and add thripala powder, mix and apply to her hair. try it @Indhradhanu: ponnaganni and karisalanganni oils were part if my childhood . and ofcourse we used to reetha to wash..

shreepriya likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

9B422E07-DAEE-4883-8628-BC145CE19083.jpeg

salads, dhaliya with angayaka podi, carrot rasam, radhish steamed seasoned with salt and grated coconut, baby marrow cooked with ground pepper and coconut..

SunPa likes this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You may think that I am nutsy for getting excitement over an egg! Behold! After many trials and tumbles, finally upturned a dish. For days, I didn't have much to share until today.

Why don't they teach these tricks in elementary school to impress friends. Mind you, turning a cake is different from turning a bowl of biryani, or so I would like to boast. Here's my tum tumatum egg biryani (last checked: egg is allowed in the thread. Hope it is still allowed). Upturned egg biryani! Ta ra la la la!

upload_2018-2-27_14-35-21.png

upload_2018-2-27_14-35-54.png

sravanitenali and Shanvy like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati look at that looks yum. should have tasted great. does it have egg apart from the whole one. i would love it piping hot minus that egg- sorry me still in the no egg zone .. and recently when we were travelling we were offered fried rice as veg option and we found loads of egg scramble(?) in the fried rice and the waitress in her shrill voice what no egg also.. we ended up eating some water spinach tossed with sesame seeds.

welcome back love

10. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Shanvy

I will be traveling to India in summer, can you please let me know where can I buy millets in online or in stores.

Thanks
    Sravani

Shanvy likes this.