1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

hi all, I'm joining the club of SAHM to take care of my kid who is 1.6 yrs old. I have quit my 9.7 yrs job for good. My last working day is JUly 26. Hope things go well.

cliona likes this.
  2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi chulbuli,

Welcome to the club :) although not so active club these days.... you know life gets in the way.... but its nice to share our challenges and victories, and cheer each other along the way :)

cliona likes this.
  3. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @chulbuli
    Welcome to the group. Wow 10 years of work life and suddenly SAHM. That must have been difficult. Share your thoughts and experiences.
    Hi @AkilaMani amazing akila ! You rock ! Volunteering at seniors day care centre ! That must give immense satisfaction and happiness. I can't even dream about it now
    Wonderful to know about classical vocal classes.
    You really give me a lot of hope dear. Right now i feel the pinch of being a SAHM ... the new mom phase is getting over and I feel trapped with baby at home.
    Hi @chithirainilavu
    Shara, actually vacations keep us more busy than schools as we need to figure out how to keep our kids occupied without making them tablet addicts .... right ! Good thing is there are lot of classes we can enrolled them into. But again dropping them and picking........ Everything comes with plus and minus...... keep posting dear......
    Regards,
    Cliona

AkilaMani likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi @cliona,

I had replied to this post earlier, but somehow that post is missing :(

When both kids are in school and you have time on hand for work and other things, it feels different. You will be able to find time for so many things. But for now, enjoy the baby and the little one. They will grow so fast that all this will seem like a distant memory. I miss babying my girls (although I still do baby them :tonguewink: often). It seems like they have their own works to do and together also there is always something to do, like going to their classes, doing projects etc..... but it is different..... its not doing the silly things that I miss....

But I will always cherish the time I had with them when they were babies and toddlers. There was a lot to do, but looking back, I only remember the good things, the lovely memories we made together. I don't remember how the house looked, if the dishes were always done and if I kept the kitchen counter clean or not. I guess it doesn't really matter.

This is not to say let go of everything, its just doing the best one can, but more importantly, enjoying the time with the children.

Take care dear :)

cliona likes this.
  5. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

That's wonderful to see your post Akila dear. Feel happy.
    Right now life feels bit too much overwhelming. Want to just reach some normalcy. Good thing is baby is now 7.5 months which means that many months have passed off. .... another year or so then I might get some breathing time. It's very tough ... this life ....
    All people are going for " bahubali " movie . Me... craving for some form of entertainment..... desperate for a break....... but baby is stuck to me only........... !!!!
    Don't know how will I start going back to my job again !!! Life throws us lots of challenges...
    Lots of love,
    Cliona

AkilaMani likes this.
  6. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi all.
    This is a vent. I think I'm done with this sahm thing... finding very difficult to stay sane . With a small baby. In-laws at home. Please help me to come out of this thing. I feel very gloomy. Although after today's short session of yoga... I'm ready to open up...... but I need help...
    Someone anyone anything
    Cliona

7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Guys, I went and joined off yoga classes. I feel much better now mentally. I am staying in the present. If u know what I mean. I understand all must be busy .. Feels good to share :)
    Cliona

AkilaMani and chithirainilavu like this.
  8. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

HI CLIONA,

Kudos for u , to join yoga class. I do understand ur thoughts

When i had my twins , first 6 months i struggled a lot. Both had to b fed, (mother's feed), everything happens simultaneously.Giving them a bath, changing their clothes etc. I hardly slept may b a max of 4 hours. I didn't know what i was doing. But i started doing yoga. Pulled out an hour for that .

It did miraculous changes in me both physically and mentally. I was active for the whole day. I read a lot, when they slept. They used to take turns in sleeping. One will sleep, other will b playing quietly. So i can't sleep. In the night i would catch up with sleep .

Few more months , everything will fall in place dear. Don't worry

Take care

Shara

AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  9. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shara. Love you lots .Your post made my day today. Feel like leaving everything and go off somewhere........ but can't !
    Was feeling very gloomy yesterday. Didn't know what to do. No mental stimulation. No going out. Staying at home all day is tough. Walks within apartment helped but not much.
    "Few more months , everything will fall in place dear. Don't worry" is a golden sentence for me
    Thanks so much

AkilaMani and chithirainilavu like this.
  10. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

It's my pleasure cliona. While walking within apartments try hearing some songs and some favourite music, anything . it would make u feel better.

HAve lots of positive vibrations around. Woman is a super power. We r the anchor of our family. Emotionally very strong .

take care

shara

AkilaMani and cliona like this.