Finest Posts - February 2017 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Jan 31, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for nominating @satchitananda's A Story of a Valentine's Day And A Few Days That Followed. But for this nomination, I would have never come to know about what she had been through explained at length in a thread. Actually, I have heard about it from other IL friends but nothing can be factual than hearing from the person involved.

I already have tremendous respect for her and reading this thread increased it many fold. I have to take a lesson from her how to take life so easy and smile. Obstacles do come and go but time lost can never be captured back seems to be her approach. Enduring pain whether it is physical or emotional is an art and not all can master it.

P.S. As Satchi has already pointed out that this thread won the finest narration earlier, this will not be considered again. However, it is a great opportunity for us to read this thread again.
    Viswa

iyerviji and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much Viswa for the kind words. Am grateful to Vijima for bringing the thread to your notice. Actually I went there myself a couple of days ago to read what I had written. It was a really surreal feeling. It is true, I find the strength from somewhere when at my lowest. It is just as true that I am as prone to going down in the dumps and being overwhelmed by circumstances and people around me. At such times, I find it a good idea to go and read what I had written and gather strength from there, knowing everything will pass.

It was really the love and affection of all my ILite friends that made it hard for me to stay away those 2 days when I could not move. The fact that I was back the moment I could lay my hands on my laptop (thanks to the BH whom I begged and pleaded to bring it inside the ICU!) reflects the magnetic quality of all my friends. :-D

iyerviji and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Viswamitra

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'd like to nominate this post by @Gauri03 How To Read More And Effectively?

Not only because it is a very fine post, but so that more people will read it and benefit from the well-compiled list of valuable ideas from a self-confessed voracious and methodical reader.

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Viswamitra

@Rihana

A very remarkable post aptly nominated here. Thanks for nominating @Gauri03's How To Read More And Effectively?. Reading comprehension is an art and each person has very unique techniques. Gauri has articulated her style in such an eloquent fashion and no wonder she is well informed and particularly answers all the neuron puzzles in a heart beat. :)

As I mentioned in my response, my father used to be a very slow reader and I used to make fun of him but his comprehension power was very high. My son, on the contrary a very quick reader like Gauri but captures the content also very quickly. May be the new generation is like that. I waste a lot of time at various intervals during reading to rethink the highlights like a mental bookmark.

I happened to talk to a friend of my mine when I was studying for CA how he remembers so much of what he reads. He told me that each topic he reads, he would assign to a funny incident that happened in his life and he would recall that funny incident if that question is asked in the exam. What a way to remember things!

Viswa

Rihana, Gauri03 and iyerviji like this.
  7. Viswamitra

My deal friends,

Today is 21st February and we are left with only 7 days for nominating the threads to the FP section for the month of February 2017. So far, we have only 5 nominations for the month. Please continue to nominate the best from various forums in IL. Your encouragement is essential for this initiative.

Viswa

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viswa I am fulfillingyour wish immediately. I nominate @Rihana's feedback to the post http://indusladies.com/community/threads/marriage-is-failing-help.299235/of pinky2cute's

Rihana likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Because the link you attached is not complete, I searched for the post and found @pinky2cute's thread. But I noticed @Rihana has given more than one response and I am not sure which one you are nominating here. It will be easy for me to read her response, if you direct me to the response you are nominating.

Viswa

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Viswa. I meant the first feedback by her. I did not read her other responses. QUOTE="Viswamitra, post: 3944393, member: 176711"]Dear Vijiakka,

Because the link you attached is not complete, I searched for the post and found @pinky2cute's thread. But I noticed @Rihana has given more than one response and I am not sure which one you are nominating here. It will be easy for me to read her response, if you direct me to the response you are nominating.

Viswa[/QUOTE]

Rihana likes this.