1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Houses Construction And Rooms

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sanjuruby3, May 13, 2016.

1. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

We ourselves are looking a 3000+ Sqft house. But then we will be 5 people living in, 4 adults + 1 toddler and weekly visits by SIL and her family. We are also looking for a good yard space where in I can put a Swing and slide set. Finished basement for us is a must as my DH is a flute and tabla player we have occasional house concerts.

Re-salebility depends on lot of factors like updates, maintenance of yard, appliances, how appealing the house is for prospective buyer etc.

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Seems newer( 1995s or later) constructions are either unaffordable or very small at afforable price or some big issues.
    so now I am going back in time. How about 1980's construction? I see some 80s home, and they were sold very cheap and seems they were completely renovated, or may be they were fixer uppers but remodelled.
    If I buy that today, and want to sell it back after 30 yrs, will i have lot of trouble?
    I do not want to switch every 10 yrs, unless circumstances force me to.

3. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

Finding dream house isreally a very big deal.Someone people are lucky enough to own their dream house while rest of people can turn their simple house into the perfect house. If you don't have your dream house then don't worry, make possible changes in your house and start enjoying living in there.

4. ManaliSharma

ManaliSharma New IL'ite

It's great to hear that you have begun the journey of building your dream home. Judging by your plans and specifications so far, you are definitely headed on the right track. In my experience as a contractor I have overseen a number of independent house projects. Just thought I'd share something with you which I have noticed. One of the biggest mistakes or oversights that the owner makes is to forget to carry out waterproofing on the house. This especially causes a lot of problems and expense during the monsoons. Please ensure that you have properly coated your roof with a suitable waterproofing solution. If you want a suggestion, I usually use roff hyproof which is a liquid integral waterproofing compound that I have found to be very effective in the past. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!