1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by vibha_81, Jun 13, 2016.

1. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

great advice on the bike Vibha... good timing too. i was googling them and got confused... really thanks a lot...ill have these in mind. barre fitness involves small isometric movements mainly strength training. ballet dance inspired. absolutly no moving from your place and no cardio for that matter. its been a week so far. I loved Zumba much better it had great music, fun dance moves and lots of cardio and strength training in one class.
    i see great reviews for weight lifting everyday. i hear it sculpts the body sooo good like no other.

vibha_81 likes this.
  2. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Then I would probably not take Barre fitness anytime soon...I love Zumba as of now and I want to take weight lifting classes from Oct once I have lost some weight. I went only for 4 classes..1 per week and I did feel improvement and strength in my arms. I would definitely recommend it but not more than once per week...I don't know if its just me or what but I had huge headaches afterwards..If its a 1 hr class choose light weight to start with because you have to hold it for 1 hr and do lot of sit ups, lunges :) Practice 20* 3 sets of sit ups and lunges before joining for this class so that it wont be so tough when you start the class.

When you buy a cycle, need to check the height of the handle bar and seat (has to reach your pelvis bone or something like that) and bottle holder needs two holes on the cycle bar to fit it (some of the bikes have it some don't). Choose the one which has straight bar in the front and not a curved one which some of the girls cycles have..that way you can bend forward more and movement will be easier and faster. All the best!:blush:

type2 likes this.
  3. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

07/11
    had to rest

07/12
    5.2 mph*8 min = 0.7 mile

07/13
    5.2mph*8 min = 0.7 mile

Lots of work in the office so not getting enough time to do the second set of the run:mad:..When will Friday come?

type2 likes this.
  4. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

07/15

5.5mph * 8 min = 0.73 mile
    5.2 min * 8 min = 0.69 mile

Total = 1.42 mile

type2 likes this.
  5. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

07/17

2 miles sprinting/run on the trail outside (and 5 mile walk)..phew its so hard to run outside:sweatsmile:..I feel like I did a 10k run

type2 likes this.
  6. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

awesome tips. just what i needed. thanks Vibha

vibha_81 likes this.
  7. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

i wish i had known that i need to do lunge and squat homework earlier. 4 years back i would never be able to complete a full class. i ran out of class for life just after 15 minutes. those were days when i knew nothing about muscles and all did was eat very less, walk miles to lose weight and check weight everyday.

vibha_81 likes this.
  8. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

:thumbup:

vibha_81 likes this.
  9. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Most of us Indian girls stick to treadmill, cross trainer and static bike because that is what is available in the gyms in India. All the weights are hogged by men:( and there is no guidance too. Here we have more classes and once you learn what is the correct way you have the confidence to do it on your own. I have a weak upper body. That is what prompted me to join that class. Group classes are best for me if I am especially not interested in that form of exercise. Keeps me going!

I would say keep trying. There is a reason why so many women lift weights now. Go according to your pace in the beginning. Squats and sit up routines are definitely useful. Definitely rest in between if you are tired. I almost fainted in my first functional class. I sat down on the floor for full 5 minutes:). But I was fine from the next class. Our body adjusts. Almost every first classes go that way for me.

I am back after dreaded monthly time..Did cycling and Zumba during weekend. Will be back with running this week!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    type2 likes this.
  10. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

07/26

6 min * 5.5mph = 0.55 mile

Could not find an idle Treadmill. So didn't do the second round.

type2 likes this.