1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

All the best to you Magee. Waiting for the good news. :-D

Welcome back Mahe.

Today's menu:

Lunch - 16 May 2015.jpg

Broken wheat pongal, cucumber raita, cucumber pickle, cluster beans

5 people like this.
  2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Came t0 IL after a looooooong gap.great going gals...I will also try to post some healthy veg meal ideas soon...

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sravani! :-D Hey, Uppala, so good to see you back.

1 person likes this.
  4. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

thank u CV mam and shanvy mam for the warm welcome.

we all r fine. As ds is at home. I plan to come back and post here after may( after his school starts). Ds is had vitA difficiency . Now I am concentrating on his diet. Everyday carrot in some form and alternate days greens in any forms.. So I thought that it is rectified as now he is not having any spores in elbows. The good thing is ds is eating veggies without any regret. But I gained 2 .5 kgs of weight during my stay in moms place. Still struggling to reduce that for the past 40 days. It's going down in weekdays as of strict and again the extreme up in weekends as of some unwanted junk food at home or outside. I am waiting the school to reopen after that I will make some steps to reduce the weight. Diet wise All the other things are ok but 11 to 3 I am inactive as spending time with ds .

shanvy mam, DS is fine . Thanks for asking about him... The good part is we are going to finish Tamil learning. Today finished 'I' varisai. I think we will finish whole learning within this week. After that practise only:banana:banana
    And lots and lots of questions from him, sometimes happy about that and sometimes no words to explain him. How u people handled this stage, if u have time plz give me some suggestion . I don't want to ignore him. Sometimes for the rare question I will say I will explain u later. That what I can do now.:spin

2 people like this.
  5. mahesaran

As usual all r rocking... Didn't go through the previous pages of this thread... Will do when time permits.

1 person likes this.
  6. mahesaran

Thank u satchi, the veg Pongal looks so colourful.

1 person likes this.
  7. mahesaran

I can't wait to post my new tried lunch todays

it is missal (Pav) but with rava, onion, carrot, coriander coated and toasted brown bread, cucumber slices, fresh mango with salt and green chilli

image.jpg

Today breakfast was methi roti, kovakai poriyal, rajma gravy, cubed raw mangos

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@spuppala welcome back sireesha..long time. how are you doing ..

@mahesaran lovely menu. take care of your ds. good that you caught it early. give him mangoes, papayas too..great that you are teaching him tamil. and regarding questions, you just answer, and if you do not know, tell him that you do not know but will answer him in a couple of days. take up the challenge find the answer and tell him. this way you are teaching, it is ok to not know something, but it is not ok to just leave the issue. you need to find and learn and that learning is something that happens everyday. this is how we do at home.. and yes welcome to the gang of endless questions and fund..

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My back has been acting up so did not post much. though i did take pictures..

sunday, the new moon, and we keep away from onion, garlic and certain vegetables. it was ladysfinger sauteed, rasam, raw plantain steamed and tempered, curds and a little turmeric pickle (yes it is almost 3+ months and it is still tasting great..)

IMG_20150517_122904.jpg

Monday - i have been having water retention issues after my flight travel and have not yet got relief. so i wanted to make barley..but without tiring myself. so i was making vegetable biriyani for ds for lunch box and ended up making barley in the same way just put both bowls in the same cooker... it was great. so another one pot meal added.

lunch was vegetable barley biryani with steamed radhish and curds..

IMG_20150518_125727.jpg IMG_20150518_125748.jpg

I made ragi koozhu this morning for the week. and ended up having the same for lunch.
    so today's lunch ragi koozhu/porridge/mudda , with instant mint rasam , plantain stem sabji, and greens from my pot. ponnaganni red variety off the balcony garden to the plate..

IMG_20150519_121133.jpg

Instant rasam - just run in a mixie, a bunch of mint,a few springs of curry leaves,2 red chillies, 1tbsp of tur dal, 10 peppercorns, 1 tsp of jeera along with 2 sour tomatoes and if not sour add a little tamarind. grind it coarse. now in a pan take 2 cups of water and mix the mixture and allow it to boil and add salt and simmer for few minutes and then temper with hing, mustard and curry leaves..i did not. this is a wee bit spicy but feels good when taken hot.

2 people like this.
  10. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Shans,

Veggie barley biriyani looks super yummy.