1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Your feedback is needed - Software trends in India.

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by SonyaSharma, Dec 19, 2009.

1. SonyaSharma

SonyaSharma New IL'ite

Hi friends,

We are relocating back to India from USA and I need to get back into my software career after a 4 year break. My quick background - software engineer with around 5 years of work exp. - worked in SAP and GIS fields.

Seeking advice from all the software techies who have a good exposure to the Indian software industry:
    1. What software technology is HOT and with guaranteed job prospects (say in Mumabi) - I would like to continue in SAP and/or GIS; but am also interested in exploring any other latest technologies with excellent job prospects.
    2. Any advice on specific certifications/courses that I can do while we are getting prepared for our move to India.

Thanks in advance!
    Sonya

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009

2. SonyaSharma

SonyaSharma New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I see that there have been 38 views and not a single reply :-(

C'mon ladies, I'm pretty sure either you or someone you know may have some perspective on this. Please share your opinions - it will be really useful for people like me who would appreciate your support and encouragement to get back to work after a long family break!

Cheers,
    Sonya