1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

your baby clothes and accessories....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by breeze01, Nov 17, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

I dont know if its okay here to post because i cant think of posting it anywhere else.. i been saving all the things i bought for my son including, cradle,walker what not baby stuff and even saving all his baby clothes. my mom, hubby insist that i gave away the clothes to someone for which i am against it...then recently i thought its not going to be of no use just staying there instead i can just save some of the remarkable clothing and gave away the other once so someone else can use it.. but still i am not happy about my decision.What do you all think Do you save all your Lo's clothings from day one till now or you rather give it to someone. As of now we are not planning for any more kids so keeeping it for other kid is out of question. He did get lot of ornaments as a present for his first birthday lot of gold ornaments they are just staying there would you keep it as a memory or you get it replaced for something else...????? sorry but i am little sentimental keep some of the things related to my baby......please tell me your suggestions to make my choice in better way.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Breeze

I also prefer donating the dresses.
    Most of my son's baby dresses and toys were in excellent condition.
    I hope it helps someone needy.
    Though i've kept a few memorable dresses with me like the small kasavu mundu (off white cotton dhothi with golden border) which my son wore for his naming ceremony when he was just 3months old and his first b'day party dresses etc.And some of his toys which he still likes.

About gold gifts,well few of the gold chains that he got as gift are still safe in my locker. But the bracelets and kadas and waist-let etc which he cant wear anymore have been exchanged.
    But if i had a daughter i might have exchanged it for new jewelry for my daughter.
    Since i have a son who hates wearing even a gold chain so i couldn't do much except exchanging it in return for some new jewelry for myself.:biggrin2:

4 people like this.
  3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Breeze,

I too have kept all my DD's dresses and all her first used articles till she was two. Then, I felt like giving the dresses to someone needy. Now, I've kept only those memorable dresses and the rest I've donated.

Regarding the Gold ornaments, I just replaced the worn out ones(One set of bangles and a bracelet). The rest, I still have them as such, so that she could have it as her childhood memory or exchange it for a new one.

1 person likes this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi breeze,

I visited a charity event from which one could get kids toys, clothes and books for free. I went for kids books and picked up some lovely books from there. I also saw a lot of low income families clamour over nice clothes, shoes and toys. The kids looked so innocent and cute; it made me think of the good quality things I was refusing to let go of. That urged me into donating everything we no longer used.

I kept the first set of clothes dd wore, first pair of shoes and some sweaters I made for her. Apart from that, the rest were given away.

Considering the amount of stuff she gets as gifts alone, giving way unused stuff helps free a LOT of space.

Gold, I've just stashed away for now. I use the silver bowls, tumblers and spoons she got, everyday at mealtimes

1 person likes this.
  5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

You got lots and lots of suggestions................. I will do that then.....

1 person likes this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

yea I will do that too... they are of no use just staying with me.... thanks for reply.. will do that........

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

he got lot of rings almost 12,13 just trying to figure out what to do with that... its all from his first birthday...yea dresses I will do donate them other than special clothes... thanks for reply..

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am saving everything...I know, so stupid of me, in the hopes that one day I indeed will have another one. But if you have decided to stick with one, perhaps its time to de-clutter (i know, harsh word), save a few things which mean a lot (like what he wore on a special day etc)? I have kept all the gold gifts intact. I am planning on giving it to her when she is old enough to decide what she wants to do with it.but then, she is a girl and I know she will be at point interested in jewelry...not sure what I woud have done if it were boy.

2 people like this.
  9. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Breeze,

I forgot about the rings, when I mentioned about jewellery. I never made her wear a ring, for the fear that she might put it in her mouth.

I've gifted a few of them to others and the rest of them are still there.

2 people like this.
  10. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Breeze,

Even i have kept my DS just born dresses, first birthday Dress and some spl dress like his great grand mother gave. Jewellery I have kept it safe cos he does not like to wear chain or bracelet and ring for safety reason i did not put for him.

I dont want to exchange his jewellery cos all his gifts. I also keep separate money bank in which whoever gives money for my DS i save it. And i buy something for him. I have even preserved his socks and shoes, plate, spoon etc Even am sentimental like you :)

1 person likes this.