1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You look younger than your age.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear susri,
    Eating nutritious food and consuming enough water sure makes us healthy .Beauty inside and out is whats more important.
    You are young and using those creams is n't taboo.I am talking about anti aging products which empty our purses but do nothing to our beauty or lack of it .Glad you shared your thoughts here.

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear vijji,

Your imaginations runs wild with Arundathi, Sita and to Miracle creams.!!!!!!!!

Your post provoked me to ponder, whether i will be using that creams????? Hope not, since i too believe in aging gracefully.

But on a lighter note, i wont mind somebody appreciating me that i look young. you know why, i will immediately jump to promote "Yeh sab Yoga ka kamal hai",:) plus like susri said positive attitude towards life.

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear vijji,

i will be honest and say i do feel flattered when someone says i look younger than my age...but I also know it is only because i never put on a lot of weight.:) even with the best of make up and obsessing with looking young maybe one can look ten years younger? is it really worth all that trouble? no ,not for me at least.

hahha reservations for the ordinary ???? i do like that idea:)

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

:rotfl:rotflReservation for the ordinary??? Then will those who look "extra-ordinary" use specialized creams to look "ordinary":crazy , so that they benefit from that reservation hehe.

Never again think about you being taken to task for your hearing loss. You will be patted on your back for having doubled your confidence and enthusiasm, in spite of everything.

Bye

5. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear vijji,

How my DSs would envy you. One morning while I was lecturing to them ( verbal diarrhoea as they call it ) one of them said " How I wish I could be like Thatha. He HEARS NO EVIL!" ( My FIL used to switch on his hearing aid ONLY when he wanted to hear! Bless his soul.)
    And the comment one of them made when I was talking about face lift, grey hairs and cosmetics," Ma if you have the cash to spare just pass it on. We are EVER READY and let me tell you. You have not a chance with N... (his girlfriend ) . However hard you try you will NOT look younger or prettier than her! " Sob! sob!
    Great! Reservations for the likes of us and beauty pageants too ! Should I gear up?

Enjoyed reading,

Love,
    Usha

6. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji

Enjoyed reading your write up.Couldn't stop laughing he he.You are having the easiness to laugh at yourself..........

Viji you must have checked them by telling age very less.he he

I think wives must be looking same age as that of husbands.For we often hear phrases saying DHs are looking the same.You people were beautiful before.

Also thats a wonderful idea to have reservation for not so good looking people.Keep it as a secret .Don't let those politicial gimmickers hear you.They will make it too a big deal.

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi radhika,
    Thanks for liking my thread.
    But on a lighter note, i wont mind somebody appreciating me that i look young. you know why, i will immediately jump to promote "Yeh sab Yoga ka kamal hai",[​IMG] plus like susri said positive attitude towards life.
    True. Yoga is the best what i can't digest is anti aging products.

8. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear mindian,
    Let me be honest too and agree with whoever said about you looking young.I saw your pic with Iyerviji in her profile and felt the same .
    The advantage of being slim is, your age isn't advertised.:biglaugh.But when i met a lady after 25 yrs and when she commented i look the same as before :spinits tough to digest .Don't you agree?Glad of your visit here.

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Vijji

Sorry for stepping in late. I too say good bye to creams. I don't have the patience to test them and use. I have never in my life used a lipstick too.

Since I too can never put on weight, people say I don't look my age.

Nicely written humorous post. Congrats.

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Saraswathi,
    Good to see you here.Glad i made you laugh with my suggestion about reservation:crazy.Thanks for the encouragement.
    best wishes,