1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You look younger than your age.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Ever heard of this sentence uttered either about you or by you ?I confess I am guilty of both.
    People say it’s the quality, not the length, of life that matters. But it matters if you have a longer, and at the same time, good quality life.Is quality of life means looking younger or living life ?
    Vasishta--He was the Rajaguru for the Kings of the famous Surya Vamsa. He had, a virtuous woman called Arundhathi as his wife.My mom once said Sita was given a boon by Arundhati that sita will look beautiful and young to Sri rama all her life.Of course later Rama,little knowing about the boon, suspect her when she is returned from lanka and made her undergo “agni pariksha”.So it’s a curse too if we take that as an example.In modern world, looks have become so important everything else takes a back seat irrespective of age. I read that tall people have an edge over others in getting good jobs and good looks are another plus .There are reservations for backward classes and the minority in educational institutions .Should we start reservations for the ordinary looking people too?Or we heading that way?
    Recently a very big cosmetic company introduced an age miracle cream and as a marketing gimmick offered free skin tests in all the major shopping malls.As I am a sucker for freebies ,I went and got it done for fun.The lady asked me what my age is .I told her she should be the one to tell me after the test.But the girl said they can only tell if my skin is same age or older by testing .So just to humour her I acquiesced,and got the result that my skin isn’t older than me but after a few years it may get wrinkled and asked me to start their cream right away to avoid that mishap.HUH, Isn’t that the natural process of aging?The lengths these companies go to promote their products:spin!!!
    The other day a reporter asked yesteryear Dream girl Hema malini ,the secret of her looking young.She quipped back saying God gave her beauty and its her duty to preserve it which she does by doing yoga and classical dance.GOOD,Hope when the the judgement day comes and I meet God (would I?), he wouldn’t take me to task why I lost my hearing and din’t preserve it:hide:.What do you say?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear DW,
    I completely agree with you that all these anti aging products are just a gimmik to make more money for the company. All these products are not cheap, they are very high priced.

I dont want to be called my son's sister, or my husband's eldest daughter in public when i use some hifi anti aging techinches..I want to look my age....I know its hard for some people who age faster than others, but thats how nature is...

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Vijji,

Nice one to read the facts of life which we try to make a fiction out of it by using these creams.

Truly haven't you felt that, looking at some actresses on screen & off screen, a world of difference. We will have a shock of our lives. :hide:

There goes an example for Fact Vs Fiction.

Hiding facts makes you fictious.

Forget the test at the stall, the result will be the same for every one. :)

As you believe in god, let me put it this way:

God will not be in a position to punish you on the judgement day because he wouldn't recognize you, as you are not the same natural self as he created and now you are totally a re-designed & beyond recognition, thanks to the creams.:)

So this is one good reason to use these creams.:biglaugh

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

LOL , Vijji !

Such a humourous stream of thoughts from mythology to modern cosmetics !
    Age Defying cremes and lotions are just a load of lies. At the most they hydrate the skin , so it looks a bit fresher than before.
    But I have never understood why its wrong to look one's age. I dont think I'd want to look 25 when I am 65. I mean , how boring to keep looking the saaaame, without change !

"and got the result that my skin isn’t older than me":biglaugh

Reservation for ordinary looking people ? You just gave our Politico a fab. idea for vote bank politics. Since a vast majority will fall in that category, if they announced the Reservation, they're sure to reap votes by the milion !

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi ashwini,
    ya , grow old gracefully is my motto too.
    I know its hard for some people who age faster than others, but thats how nature is...
    True ,some people look older than their real age.But i feel old is gold .Good to know you agree with me.

6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

God will not be in a position to punish you on the judgement day because he wouldn't recognize you, as you are not the same natural self as he created and now you are totally a re-designed & beyond recognition, thanks to the creams.[​IMG]
    Ha ha natpudan ,but i am against using all those anti aging products .So i am confident God will recognise me .From the number of FBs to this thread, looks like majority disagree with me.Would love to know why.But as cheeniya sir said we can't pressure the readers to do so.Good that you came here .

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi TL,
    You should be change your id to boost.Your FB really boosted my morale.It feels lonely to be in the minority ,right?
    Reservation for ordinary looking people ? You just gave our Politico a fab. idea for vote bank politics. Since a vast majority will fall in that category, if they announced the Reservation, they're sure to reap votes by the milion !
    How about if i start asking that,do you think any party will offer me a seat in the coming elections?:biglaugh

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji,

God dare not ask u about yr hearing, how can he annoy Kamalji by asking Viji about this thing.:rotflAnd what i admire about u young lady, is yr abilty to laugh at yrself, that is commendable.god bless u always.

I too wonder, really, if age is 55 like me, my hair should look the same, or if i dye it the hair looks 20, and the face 55.they dont match.HAHA

Yes the gimmicks these people go thru.Have u Seen Shahnaz Hussain, she could be a good herione for a horror movie, and she makes beauty products, when they dont work on her, how can it on us:rotfl:bonk

Good one.

Regards

kamal

9. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijji,
    Lotions and creams can give temporary beauty but positive thinking and good hearted helps you to maintain healthy as well as beauty for ever. :yes:

Our ancestor’s are patron their beauty. :exactly:Eating healthy food and drinking sufficient water, pave to maintain it. :idea To be frank I love those lotions, creams and of course lipstick too. :crazy
    So, let’s have both inside and outside beauty....... we deserve it. :thumbsup

Be happy and look younger than your age. :queen

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear kamalji,
    Thats a very good threat to God.I am sure God being God will definitely be lenient with me.
    Ha ha you are right about shahnaz hussain.Me too wondered the same,but thought may be i don't know the in thing about today's fashion .:crazyYour fb is quite hilarious sir,had a good laugh reading it.
    Regards,