1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mohini16, Jan 10, 2013.

1. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

4 people like this.
  2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

i mean we need to set 'criteria-viteria' and all na.

3. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mohni...

I am not married!!! But just thought of dropping in!!!

I think most of the guys are momma boys!!! So If we start running away from them, we will have end up getting single!!! Thats how I seriously feel!!!

I think he has rights to ask you to change if you both are serious about the relationship!!!
    But still I don't like the way he told you..!!! There is always a way to tell you to change things if he wants.!!!

So better talk smoothly.. Ask him directly.. What to do if his mom states that "u r fat" as the reason to cancel the wedding??? Get the answer and then analyse the situation!!!!

Whether its love marriage or arranged marriage, Gals are getting married to the family as per our society.. I don think there is any wrong in it unless the In-Laws are very problametic!!!!

All the best!!!! Hope you will get married soon!!! Sit calm.. Think wisely!!

Thanks,
    Vidhya

4. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Don't marry this guy..and ask him his mother did same what he is expecting with you....?

5. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

haha... sau baat ki ek baat.

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Run away and before you do throw a stink bomb at him and then flee in the opposite direction.

True enough, whether he says it or not, the fact remains that most of us end up marrying up more than one person. But if they are going to have a say in his marrying you based on your weight (which is a non-issue to start with) just imagine how much of interference you will have to face when it comes to more serious issues. Best not to have anything to do with this guy at all.

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

May be "older and wiser" would do nicely?

1 person likes this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Moihini
    ...looks like he has got the whole concept of marriage WRONG! Do rethink!
    Mega

9. AnbeSivam

AnbeSivam New IL'ite

Seethavarma, several of us took the OPs question in out of context. If you had gone thru all of OP's responses you would know what i mean. We really don't know the context of what the groom was referring. When we talk over the phone there is a lot of chances are misreading the other person.

As per previous posts of the OP. The OP had said that she had put on weight to that guy. So he asked her to reduce the weight and be in shape. I don't think the guy said, his mom or he will reject the OP just b'cos she added some weight. He did not want someone from his family saying the girl is over weight. By the way, the guy got mesmerized by the OP's looks and he has already fallen for that. So lets leave the weight issue.

As far as i understood, even the OP has not understood the context of saying getting married to my khanthan. So asking him directly what he means by that is better than judging him by one statement.

All i say, when it comes to marriage look at whole package and just one instance.

I may seem to be judgmental. But surely i cant stop laughing by seeing the posts that say run away from this. Replying to a post seems like, just like throwing stones in the pond. You, Me and none of us in the forum don't know anything about this guy or the OP. So being neutral is much better option than misguiding the OP.

By the way, as per my reading, the OP & her family has already made up their choice and they seem to be interested. So lets see what happens at the end.

OP, can you please let us know the outcome of this alliance. Again i would like to re-iterate. You be the judge. Dont take these posts at face value. Good luck.

10. priyagem

priyagem Bronze IL'ite

Learn to handle situations diplomatically than running away.

Good Luck :)