1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

yogurt to 8 month breast feeding baby?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Reesha, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My boy is running 8th month now. i am still nursing him for atleast 8-10 times(few ozes) for 24 hours. i introduced food to him when he was 4 months old. when i can add yogurt to his diet. My doubt is still he is taking my milk, is there any chemistry happened between yogurt & my milk which will raise gas in his stomach?

my MIL suggesting me that, dont give yogurt until my milk has stopped in his diet.

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

I started yogurt to my baby since 6 month and I am still bfing. She loved it a lot. The reason I gave it was for calcium. There won't be any chemical reactions between your milk and yogurt. Milk will cuddle up once it goes inside your baby, which is similar to yogurt. Yogurt is OK for babies as it has bacteria that help it be digested.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

u can give anything to 8 months baby.petriatician s advising that u can give anything to ur baby when he/she started 6 months what u cook for ur family

4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

You can give yogurt if he likes it. After you introduced solids you can slowly give
    dairy products but watch and listen to his stomach.

5. deenamathew

deenamathew New IL'ite

Most babies can start eating plain, unsweetened, pasteurized, whole-milk yogurt after they start eating solids – at around 6 months. Plain Greek yogurt is fine too. Serve yogurt as is or mix in a favorite fruit ither fresh fruit that you've pureed or chopped up yourself.

You should don't make yogurt the main feature of your baby's diet in the first year. It should be just one small part of a varied diet of solids.