1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yogi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

In the villages near Himalayas, many villagers have a habit that they would feed at least one yogi every day if not more. It is such habit of the villagers that help many yogis to focus on their mission of finding the truth and live in Bliss for hours together without worrying about their hunger. Most of them live in caves located throughout the Himalayas and occasionally come out to seek food. Even citing those yogis is considered as very auspicious by the villagers. These yogis spend their most of the time pursuing spiritual practices that they have learned from their Gurus. One of the critical lessons they learn from the Gurus is not to have any possessions of their own except a small vessel for them to eat food and a cup to drink water. These yogis have a few clothes that they wash and wear from time to time.

Once a rich man wanted to go around Mount Kailash and also have dharshan of Lake Manasarovar. He is a big Shiva worshipper all his life and this trip was his ambition for years. However, he could make it only during the old age as he was busy running his business all his life. His life style of pain and pressure also added some health issues to him. After having the wonderful dharshan of Lake Manasarovar, he was going around the Mount Kailash. Suddenly, he developed health issues and lost his breath. The people who accompanied him did not know how to resuscitate. Suddenly this yogi appeared and asked the people what went wrong. They explained the problem and the yogi immediately placed the rich man flat on the floor and gave water to him out of his small cup and later sprinkled that water throughout his body. Within 5 minutes, the rich man got up as though he was getting up from his sleep and thanked yogi profusely and asked him what he could give the yogi in return of his wonderful gesture. The yogi said that he needs nothing. The rich man insisted and gave a Rolex watch that was studded with diamonds inside. The yogi said, “I have no use for it. However, I will take it as a token of your love.”

The yogi finished his going around the Mount Kailash and decided to go back to his cave. On his way, he felt very hungry and found a villager who invited him to his residence. The yogi wanted to get back to his cave and politely refused. He made a hot meal by setting up fire using rice and lentil he brought with him. Yogi after finishing his meal asked the villager, “What is your wish in your life?” He told Yogi, “My parents who is at my residence told me that I have an elder brother who went with a guru wanting to pursue saintly life. They hoped and prayed that someday I should get an opportunity to meet him. That is my wish too.”

The yogi smiled, blessed the villager and gave him the Rolex watch he got from the rich man. He did not tell the villager that he just did meet with his brother as he was taught by his Guru not to identify himself with his family.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

SO His wish fulfilled but he did not know that.. But yogi became completely a spiritual pesonality and following the saintly life as taught by his guru... Right sir??

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Pallavi,

You got it right. Thank you for your kind feedback.

Viswa