1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yogi hubby

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by priyaiyengar, Mar 10, 2011.

1. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I just wana share my husband's yoga posture. I am wondering whether all husbands are same or different. I am really irritated till now.

First yoga posture is during watching television especially cricket. He can just sit and stare the monitor for even a whole day with a small piece of plastic in his hand(athaanga remote control).

If I switch off the tv, he will switch on mobile game (tiny enemy for me). Again another yoga posture.

Otherwise, laptop yoga posture.

Else, cube game yoga posture.

During weekend, news paper yoga posture.

If I inhibit from all these, he wil just start sleeping rrrrrrrrrrrrr.

When I talk with him during these yoga period, his expressions will be as follows.

Hmmm Hmmm...
    Hstshhhhhhhhh
    okay
    oh

If i stop abruptly and ask what I was talking, he will narrate a story (i.e.) he would have heard some last words and he will make up to frame a sentence or content. I will say you are a good narrator.

Finally it will end up in fight.

poor wives and merciless husbands.

priya

2. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya,

I could definitely understand your situation. Not your DH, this is with almost most of them. One thing what you could do is, watch the TV along with him. Share your comments. Show him that you too enjoy his hobbies. That will initially pave way for your interaction with him. Slowly he will feel your presence. During your chat, start discussing something out of the TV or game at times. Share his hobbies and make that as your enjoyment point...just give it a try na...

3. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hi Malar
    Sharing his hobbies is tough for me because we both have different taste, anyway I will give a try and see what happens.

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Haha! That was nicely written. Sorry to laugh at your plight, but you have just put that nicely. -rgs

5. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    As Malar said most men are like this. My husband's postures are TV seeing, newspaper reading and book reading... Morning he would have checked for the newspaper atleast 100 times.. He will be so desperate till the moment newspaper arrives... And on weekends, the whole day he can spend sitting in front of TV..
    All these are minute things when compared to their companionship... Husband-wife can be together the whole day without talking to each other and still enjoy each others company.....
    BTW.. I enjoyed your post... :)

6. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello priya,

Cutely written one:rotfl

Make your hubby to read your post

and watch out how he reacts!!!

Perhaps things might change!?!

:cheers
    SARAS

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hahaha Priya...

Interesting to know abt your Yoga hubby. Agreed that we cannot pretend to share other's interest even if it is our DH.

You can indulge in your own hobbies...whatever interests and...he might begin to notice that you are not trying to talk to him...and abandon his yoga postures!

All the best!:)

8. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

nice idea Abhising and I hav tried it already, it sometimes works and sometimes not working.
    priya

9. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Hello rgs,
    Thanks for ur comments.

10. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Thanks for your comments and ideas rgs, viduchakra, saras. I showed my blog, Saras mam, and he just laughed at it.
    Priya