1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yoga vs spinning!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Iswarya for taking the time to read it twice -I really appreciate it. Thanks for your feedback.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rama, you are truly emerging a 'yogini' with your deep concentration!
    Spinning is new to me & from what you write, I think it is a daunting concept as well. That you are finding yourself enjoying it shows that you are determined to pursue it & benefit by it. We say that when the going gets tough, only the tough gets going. It is very true. FOCUS is all that is needed from us in any kind of job. One must continuously challenge oneself & motivate oneself.
    Unknowingly a new you emerges from within you!!You have decided to pursue it successfully in your sub conscious mind - that does reveal itself!! Not all can do it!
    Very good going!!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Mrs.C, spinning is also very new to me and the first two days was simply observing! But it is quite challenging. I am trying to implement the same principle to situations in life - taking the best from what we already know and to do our best in any situation and to emerge stronger.

Thanks for your words Mrs.C!

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post Sabitha!
    You have helped me renew my energy in more ways than one!
    Thanks much!

5. sweetanju4uu

sweetanju4uu Bronze IL'ite

Sabitha, I commend you on the nice post!! I personally love spinning too, though I must admit, I have not been truthful to my gym classes of late.. i am yet to try yoga though..

on a lighter note, are u a gemini?? you have summarized your dual thoughts and how it goes hand in hand.. hence the question, dumb it may sound.. :)

again, thank you for a nice read!!

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha,

I do neither yoga nor spinning but I did enjoy your post. :thumbsup
    You are absolutely correct with the parallels .In that sense though I am great in yoga I have yet to catch up with my spinning.:)

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rama,

So u are a spinner and a yogi too , two in one eh ! good.

My wife , she does yoga, meditation, ad some baba ramdev techniques, and does some exercises too, me, i am too lazy for anything.Bo woner the beer belly, sorry it should be called Whiskey belly.HAHA

Yes , i liked that part of yr post, that we must do our best, and hope for the best, though the result may or may not be to our liking.Well said.

But we must at least have the satisfaction tht we did our best, the results are not in our hands at all.

Good one.

Regards

kamal

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you kamala - i am so happy you could relate to my ramble and feel renewed.

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you sweetanju for your words and welcome! You know you asking if I am a gemini made me think "thank God I am not, wonder how complicated my thinking would have been then?"

Now you must get back to those classes and be sure to try yoga - everyone in my spinning class vouch for how much they donot like it, but my instructor is trained in yoga too and has expressed many times that unfortunately yoga doesnot get the importance it actually deserves and I do agree with her! I am sure you will love it!

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Mindi, you reinforce the fact that you don't have to physically do something to experience - it is all in our mind and you are there! you should try spinning I find it quite challenging and also inspiring - the way one has to push.