1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

yoga for beginners

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vanmug, Feb 26, 2007.

1. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

Dear all!

Can anyone of you please upload CDS or DVDS with you on yoga for beginners that a new person can watch and practise.

cheers
    genetech

2. hima

hima New IL'ite

3. sssk

sssk New IL'ite

Hi Genetech,

It's an interesting thread. Most of the women (especially working) womens cannot spend time in going to yoga classes. These kinds of Yoga videos would be of great help.

Thanks Hima,

for the URL. It looks simple & useful. The animations are perfect.

Let's see more replies from others.

4. sgayathrii

sgayathrii New IL'ite

Friends,

Small suggestion from my side. Learning yoga through book or cds or dvds is not advicable.Learning from a teacher is always different from learning through books (especially in case of YOGA). See for example, if you are trying one ashana, the positions you are seeing through cds may different from what you are practicing. I mean you need somebody to correct if you are wrong somewhere.

Some many centres are there nowadays. You can easily go and learn.

I am doing yoga regularly. I learnt yoga at many centres previously. Recently I joined in "Isha Foundation". There are more than 4 levels. I have finished 1st level. It is not compelsory that you should learn all the levels. Its all depends on your own interests. You can also take a gap between each level. These Isha yoga people are doing a greay job. They are conducting their programs all over the world.

I am also working. If you have commitment then you can do whatever you wish to do.
    I am daily doing yoga and then only coming to office. If you want to lead a healthy future, then you can go for this.

M suggestion is everyone should learn yoga. Hope you will all learn and get the benefit of it.

I am giving the Isha foundation website. Check in case if you are planning to learn

" Isha Foundation - Home "

Sathguru is the creator of ishafoundation. He is doing a great job. I think you guys should have heard about him. Learn more through that website.

Hope it is helpfull

thanks & regards
    Gayathri :wave

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

Thanks for your tips... Suni :)

6. sankari.subash

sankari.subash New IL'ite

Dear Gayathri,

I agree with your comments.

Please don do yoga with books,cds etc. Everybody can make mistakes. If yoga practices are done in a wrong way, the effects are dangerous and the author of the book or the CD will not be responsible for the ill effects/consequences.

But taking practice thro an experienced masters (in Isha Foundation) could help keep in touch with them and they infact guide every single step in yoga practices.

Please take care of yourselves.

7. sankari.subash

sankari.subash New IL'ite