Yellow stone

Discussion in 'Travel' started by mitsviki, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Has any one been to yellow stone. I am planning on a trip with my hubby .....for 4 days.....if anyon ehas been there could you through some light on what to see...

we did go throughthe website nps...but sometimes if people have visited they can give abetter idea as what to see and what not to.

thanks

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi mitsviki

We also planned to go this summer. But when I looked in their website and called the number, some of the roads may not be open until july or august. So we are thinking of going towards labor day weekend. I also want to know experiences of others who might have visited.

3. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

oh we have already booked it for the last week of june....

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

We visited Yellowstone a few years ago on July 4th weekend and had a fab time. We flew from bay area to salt lake city and then drove from there to west yellowstone where we had rented a hotel room. The drive to the main area of the park was about 1/2 hour from the west entrance to the center of the park.

The park itself is a road in the shape of an 8. The first day, we completed the bottom circle and the 2nd day we completed the top circle of the 8. The next day, we drove back to salt lake city via the grand teton national park.

The food options for vegetarians are pretty minimal so please carry some snack items or ready to eat food. In west yellowstone, there are a few restaurants, our most favored being a pizza joint but after 2 days of eating pizza, we were craving something else!

Make sure and visit grand teton park too, it is called the switzerland of usa and is breathtaking. If you have time, you can also go to glacier national park. Yellowstone itself, you need no more than 2 full days to cover.

Pooja

5. niyarun

niyarun New IL'ite

hi,

We r also planning to go 2 yellow stone.we are driving from seattle ....on july 1st week we r planning.only 3 days holiday.....so within how many days we can cover yellow stone then what about grand teton park ??

6. Happysoul1234

You need 2 days for yellowstone and 1 day for Grand Teton. Plus the time to drive back and forth from seattle.

7. niyarun

niyarun New IL'ite

whether grand teton park is like switzerland??which one is nice yellow or grand teton park ??how many days u took ??or u went in flight??can u explain it briefly..
    whatz ur name??phone number??

8. niyarun

niyarun New IL'ite

any suggestions u can give?

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi pmahensa,

we are planning to go to yellowstone and Teton last week of july. We are going to fly into Salt lake and drive from there. Since you have followed the same route, can you tell me

How far is the drive from salt lake city to yellowstone?

How far is glacier national park from yellowstone or Saltlake city?

10. Happysoul1234

The drive from SLC to West Yellowstone is about 325 miles and you could probably cover it in 5 hours. We had stopped in Idaho falls for lunch and spent an hour there so it took us about 6 hours in total. You take Highway 15 most of the way and once you are past the northern suburbs of SLC, we saw people driving at crazy speeds! The last hour and half drive is on a very beautiful internal road so take plenty of pictures!

I believe Glacier National park is 6-7 hour drive from Yellowstone. Drive back from Glacier to SLC will probably be around 10 hours.