Yellow Stone Pictures

Discussion in 'Travel' started by mitsviki, Oct 18, 2008.

1. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hello All,

I am posting our Yellow stone Pictures. We had visited this June for our wedding anniversary. We stayed in a cabin one hour from yellow stone (not in the ones in yellow stone but away from it).It was beautiful. I recommend everyone to stay in the place. I guess the cabin made our stay enjoyable. If you want details about the cabin please don’t hesitate to ask.

Attached Files:

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Mitsviki..Lovely pictures..Do write more about your travel.

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Very nice to see the pictures !! Very scenic !!

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mitsviki,
    Awesome pictures. How long you stayed there? I wish I could plan and visit one day. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

So share the infor and other details. After usha's thread and yours love to visit it some day !!

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Beautiful pics - I have always wanted to visit yellowstone.. maybe someday..

7. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Sure I shall over the weekend! Thanks yes it was really superb..

This cabin is owned by a family which had everything a family will need. A n ideal place for couple to go with out cell phone or any othe rmeans of communication......

will write in detail

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

very nice pics.... wish to visit there...

9. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

We started our journey from Philadelphia and reached Utah after a long flight. Utah, I believe is another beautiful place especially during winter and for people who are into skiing. We then drove from Utah airport to Gallatin .This place is actually further north of yellow stone. We reached our cabin after a 6 hour long drive but a beautiful one. We chose this place for many reasons. One we did not want to stay in yellow stone itself as it was very crowded and we had to use the restaurant there (pretty expensive). Two, we really liked the location of the cabin. A very serene, romantic location of course!
    We had taken with us frozen idly, Sāmbhar, dosa, puliyadhre paste. The cabin had all the vessels that we needed for basic cooking. We bought milk curd and cereals in a local gas station just enough for 4 days. So we reached the cabin. Lo! IT WAS just beautiful! It was 8 o’clock in the night by the time we reached the cabin.
    The next two days we spend driving to yellow stone. Yellow stone as you may or may not be aware of is like the number 8 in shape. There are 2 loops. Most of them are famous for geysers and some parts you can see wild animals. The first day we drove around one loop which mainly had the famous geyser i.e.: Old Faithful geyser. This hot water erupts approximately every 45 minutes. It takes about a day to cover each loop. The second day we took the upper loop and got to see some wild animals like grizzly bear, coyote, and of course the NOT wild Bison.
    The third day we drove outside the yellow stone and found a place to kayak .Finally we left back to Utah and then to Philly on the fourth day.
    Many of my friends had visited the grand Teton park that’s is close by , but I would advise only yellow stone if you are flying from east coast and just have 3 days.

Sorry that I am just briefing you about our trip. You can find more details in http://www.nps.gov/yell/.Ofcourse
    You can ping me for any ideas and what to do in yellow stone and how to go about doing fun stuff there.

Attached Files:

10. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite