1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yelling at my daughter :-(

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by tuffyshri, Sep 10, 2013.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thanks prana. thanks for appreciating my writing skill :)

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

agree with you. But controlling that temptation and anger is what is challenging. Good luck for you too and thanks for the points :)

3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Tuffy,

Don't worry too much about the past and damage control. After all she is your child, she will be okay.. now everytime before you get angry or lose your control, think something that will make you feel good and about all the IL's suggestions here. Say to yourself immediately that why should i get upset, this is nothing and keep cool.
    After all, we would have done the same thing to our parents as well, and in those days with not much facilities, how they have raised us, think about that and you will feel better immediately.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Attitudegirl,

Congratulations on being nominated to FP for your replies in this thread.

A young mother with two little kids is a special breed!! Not only is the responsibility of raising two children on her, she is responsible for their every single need..emotional and physical. At the same time, she is also responsible for her own emotions and physical needs and that of her husbands!! Now add the household and cleaning and cooking and the relatives etc etc etc.....Hey, I am surprised that we all come out smiling and healthy in spite of it!

Children are little flowers and need a very special care. Most mothers don't even realize that their kids are their center of universe. They nurture them with affection and LOVE. Every little shortcoming will be manifold magnified. And that's what is happening here with Tuffysri! So your words are the right medicine to treat her angst. You will be the doctor any mom in stress will require to win back the sanity!

Great words of advice and congrats on being nominated to FP by Racr!

L, Kamla

5 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tuffyshri,

I hope the number of advices you have received here has brought some comfort and consolation to you!

You are a loving mother or else you would not have written this post. In spite of your short temper, you are brimming with love for your children...Both of them!

Take it easy and try to get hold of that temper and bring in some fun and please don't blame yourself for being overly sensitive. Your little girl needs you and show her how much you love her!

You have received excellent advice here and I will not add to it. All the best!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.