Year 2007 and my journey in Indusladies

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Dec 29, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

The year 2007 began with a good note and hopefully is ending in a good note. I wanted to know how to make Ghee from home and was busy rolling my eyes on the monitor with the help of Google search engine my trust worthy friend. I hit few sites along with Indusladies. I just registered myself thinking this would be another "Boring Ladies Site". Fortunately after registering I noticed members write good english and are educated here. They discuss various topics and I decided to initiate a couple of threads. My first two threads became a super duper. Those days even IndusLady would step in and give her valuable comments (which she does no more bonk). I registered myself here in July 2007 and by September 2007 end I was a Gold I'Lite. In August my two threads were nominated and I started regularly interacting with the members. With the grace of the almighty, I happen to hit the posts of "Chitvish" and came to know that she is the moderator. I would rush to her with all my problems and the ever loving and helpful "Chitvish" would grace her help and till date she does it.

After seeing my quick elevation of title to Gold I'lite few sleepy I'lites hit posts like crazy and elevated themselves and they are ahead of me today. So I can say, with my elevation, I promoted the traffic of Induslady .. Ha ha..

There have been many changes in the site. With many Local Champions, Greeters, new moderators, we were growing strength by strength.

This year Indusladies hit the Tamil Times - Mumbai Edition.
    This year Indusladies incorporated the Blog segment.
    This year Indusladies incorporated the Travel forum
    This year we have forum Mumbai and Navi Mumbai
    We also have forum "Pray for me".
    We have Varalloti's new Story "He"
    Our dear Induslady has incorporated five new features in the field "Quick Link" on the purple bar - Search Members, Subscribed blogs, Subscribed Blog Entries, My posts and My threads.
    Hey not to forget the LOVELY SMILEY'S. They have arrived in 2007 to keep our post hopping and skipping in IL.
    Our administrators also worked hard to incorporate Google search in the Site which has helped us immensely to play the Game of posts.
    We made friends and broke ties with few too.. Lets be honest... all in IL...
    We celebrated our birthday virtually, sharing cakes and wines.
    We made our life easy by hitting the shlokas posted by Chitvish.
    We cooked delicious delicacies with the help of Chitvish and Krishaamma.
    Though we are lacking at few places, we have seen IL grow..
    2007 - was a great year for Indusladies...

Do join me and discover more developments in the site and lets congratulate www.indusladies.com

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Malspie...

That was a sweet analysis of your journey in IL, just as sweet as your name!
    You have added a lot of 'joie de vivre' to this site! Countless posts as sweet as a pie!
    You have also told us time and again that you can face any cirumstance and person eye to eye, can stand your ground.
    I want to imbibe your 'never die' attitude.
    Keep writing and keep laughing.
    Have that great time in Goa!
    Happy New Year to you:):cheers

L, Kamla

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,

I was expecting this analysis from u. U did it. :biggrin2: .

( And here u forgot that one saraswathipv too joined IL this yr and is limping towards the Gold Ilite tag.:tongue and that in the first round of tug of war between NRIs and RIs, remember the 500+2, 500-2 game?, I was in the winner side:queen and u in the opposite side..ha ha..just joking. It was the first thread that we interacted...)

Anyway yaar, it was a good one.

Thanx...bye

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie,
    Great analysis, timed very well - well, that is our one & only Mals.
    We, the old-timers watch with our eyes, wide open, how the no: of members increased by 600 % within a span of one year! (I am putting it grandly.)
    Navigating is made as simple as possible with many, many sub-headings, but still, now it takes a little time for the new members to acquaint themselves.

Some of the recent members are a valuable addition, bringing new interesting dimensions to various sub-forums.
    I want to mention in particular
    Marriage, Spouse & In-Laws
    There are very healthy discussions on the many aspects of married life, which makes us very proud that we do have a good net-working as well as support system.

There are so many Male members now, which only shows, how enjoyable IL is for everybody and becoming a family-site.
    Special mention must be made of Sri Cheeniya joining our forum, qualifying himself for a sub-forum, within a very short span of time.

Ofcourse, as you rightly put it
    We made friends and broke ties with few too.. Lets be honest... all in IL...
    This is an inevitable part of growth !

Now, personally, I have made so many young friends in this one year that I realise God answers our prayers in His own ways ! Whoever thought of receiving so much of love and affection from I Lites spread all over the world?

I wish we grow steadily but surely, allround, not just in quantity but in quality as well. I want my personal email signature to come true. That goes as follows:

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Chithra,
    www.indusladies.com
    Join indusladies for global rendez-vous!

Friends, the best is yet to be.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Darling Kamla,

I am a person who is constantly thriving to better myself. God, you have read my posts so minutely and have even noted few straits of my personality. I feel happy when people praise me, not that I am longing for praise, but, to be honest, these traits have become a necessity if a woman has to live on her own.

This post was with the intention to attract the new members and also enjoy the growth of IL which has brought twinkle in all our eyes.

Thanks my friend for stepping in.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dear Saras,

During our interaction in the +2 and -2 game our friendship was in the budding stage, today it is a full bloomed yellow rose... Sweetheart hit the Gold and let me Congratulate you in advance.

Bye!!

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals
    Your journey through IL sounds like footprints on chocolate sauce! Very sweet indeed!
    I would rank you as the best addition of 2007 to IndusLadies! May you continue to draw us all to IL like a magnet!
    Sri

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

Thank you very much for adding the vital developments in IL. It was a thought after I answered a post of Saras...

Love and regards

9. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear malspie,

I am not an active participant like you but whenever time permits…I peep in & read all interesting threads & posts…especially marriage, spouse & in-laws, this column really attracts all ladies like me who caught in a family web; we can neither walkout nor digest with them. This site is an out let for us…pour out our feelings! I don’t care how & what English I write but I write to lessen the burden in my heart. This website gives me confidence & mental support…to move ahead!

Before I conclude…to tell few words about you, I love the way you write, it’s lively, vibrant….full of zeal, you represent youth, I don’t care whether you wear tight t-shirt & Skirts with slit.. What I like is the daring quality, which you do….what you like!

Have a fabulous new year!

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeni,

All the time I kept pondering this 65 year old young man with faded jeans never steps in to my threads... And Lo!! this worked...

Jingalala Jing........

Thanks for those lovely words of praise.. I am flying high.......

Thanks Cheens for being here...