1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yamla Pagla Deewana !!! ***

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anandisingh, Oct 22, 2010.

1. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

I am looking forward to the release of Yamla Pagla Deewana. The movie is expected to be released on December 24, 2010. Being a great fan of Dharam Ji and the Deol Brothers, I can’t wait for this movie! It stars Dharam Ji, Sunny and Bobby. It also has actors like Anupam Kher, Puneet Issar, Mukul Dev and Kulraj Randhawa.

I hope the film does justice to its title as it promises to be a great combination of comedy, romance and action. The film begins at Canada, shifts to Benaras and finally travels to Punjab.:bonk

Dharam Ji and Bobby play a father-son duo named Dharam Singh and Gajodhar Singh.

2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

I too am waiting for the release of Yamla Pagla Deewana. Dharmendra and Bobby Deol play the biggest conmen in Benaras. This happy-go-lucky duo drinks a lot and pull off incredible cons on unsuspecting people. This perfect life of theirs faces a hitch when Paramveer Singh Dhillon (played by Sunny Deol) arrives in the scene. This brawny and honest NRI enters their notorious life from faraway Vancover. He lands up at Benaras and claims to be Gajodhar’s elder sibling separated at childhood. The conmen willingly admit Paramveer into their team. They plan to exploit his muscle power to serve their con scemes.:cheers

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing this info.
    I didn't even know about this movie.
    Defintely watch when it is released.

4. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

I think this film is going to have everything. It will have a lot of comedy, tons of drama, bundles of romance and cans of action. It will have emotions and melodrama flowing all over.How can there be no emotion and melodrama when the film has Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol?:rotfl

Kulraj Randhawa plays an attractive Sardarni from Punjab. Gajodhar falls in love with her. As their romance reaches its climax, her brothers are going to come and take her away by force.
    Then the movie is supposed to become an incredible combination of mistaken identities and eccentric relatives. I love these kinds of movies. I am looking forward to it!:)

5. puni88

[​IMG]

Yamla Pagla Deewana - Official Trailer

6. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

A part of the movie was shot at the Taj Mahal in Agra. A romantic song featuring Bobby Deol and Kulraj Randhawa was picturised inside the premises of this beautiful monument. Then the shooting shifted to Mehtab Bagh and then to the historic Fatehpur Sikri.

80% of the movie has been shot in Canada, Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh and then the unit traveled to Agra for the Bobby-Kulraj song.

According to Leo Max Fernandes, the co-producer of the movie, Yamla Pagla Deewana is a heady mix of comedy and emotions. Top Angle Productions have enjoyed shooting this movie!!

It would be a Christmas treat!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  7. puni88

Deols scrap remixes, opt for original 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' track

Though the Deols are not the producers of their new 'family' Yamla Pagla Deewana, they are going all out to make sure the film which features Sunny and Bobby Deol as the inimitable Dharmendra's sons, gets the best possible treatment, even if this means bending the golden no-favours-asked-though-plenty-always- given Deol rule.

This time, the Deols known for their generosity in the industry actually asked for a favour themselves. They decided to spruce up Yamla Pagla Deewana by scrapping the remix version of the Mohd. Rafi classic song 'Main Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana' from the 1975 film Pratigya and replace it with the original.

The rights were easy to be obtained since the 1975 blockbuster Pratigya was co-produced by Dharmendra's brother-in-law Bikram Singh Deol.

Director Samir Karnik confirms this give-and-take of the chatpataa chartbuster song . "Yes, we have decided to use the original song instead of the remix. We asked many groups including the British-Asian Bhangra band RDB to give us a sparkling re-mix of the original song by Rafi saab. Frankly no one came up with anything even remotely as rumbustious and dumdaar as the original. So we decided to go with the real thing."

Karnik admits it's all in the family. "Pratigya was produced by Dharamji's brother-in-law. So getting the rights for the 'Main Jat Yamla Pagla' song was not difficult. We'll also retain the RDB re-mix in the soundtrack."

8. JuhiAgarwal

JuhiAgarwal Senior IL'ite

I remember the entire Deol family coming together for Apne (2007). This will be their next project together.

According to Samir Karnik, the director of this upcoming comedy, the title of the film is inspired from the Rafi song “Main Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana” from the 1975 film Pratigya. That film was also starred by Dharmendra.

The theatrical trailer of Yamla Pagla Deewana was released on November 5, 2010. The film is due to be released on January 14, 2011. I am supposed to get a ticket from my Dad as my birthday treat :)

Lets hope we enjoy this New Year bonanza!

9. puni88

Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol on the set of "Yamla Pagla Deewana"

[​IMG]

Dharmendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol on the set of "Yamla Pagla Deewana"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. piyagupta

piyagupta Senior IL'ite

Thanks Puni, for posting the pictures! They are awesome!!