1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Www- Wondrous Women World

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Friends posting the next Episode

@VinuthaS @mbharani @Madhurima21 @Thyagarajan @Lalithambigai @vidukarth
    Episode 69:

Vidhya started to like Dilip and was expecting for the moment to open with him soon. She was having her own calculations about him and his next arrival to India. She had seen him in his Profile Pics of his mobile number and Office details. He was having dense hair, uncombed most of the time and the hairs will be falling on his forehead most of the time. She thought that it is due to US culture and the guys over there, he has also followed that hair style. But there was an attraction in his face and many of the girls was talking about him when he was in Chennai and unfortunately Vidhya was on medical leave at that time.

Especially Vandhana who was her team mate always move closely with guys to attract them. Some of her teammates also mentioned that Dilip and herself were moving closely together. Vandhana was accompanying Dilip when she was here to Cafeteria most of the time. She will try to attract guys and she will be seen most of time with Vicky who was also her batch mate. She uses to go with him in his bike sitting closely at his back. Sujaya, batch mate of Vidhya hates this and being a straight-forward girl, she has complained about her many times to Vidhya whenever they meet.

Vidhya also did not like the attitude of Vandhana many times. Though she is not against having boy friends or having a relationship with them, she felt that it is their wish. But making certain things to be shown obvious of closeness with a guy is something she hates in Vandhana. Sujaya openly comments about that, yet Vidhya just listens to that and share such topics with Sindhu alone.

Sindhu is a practical woman and says, “If it is her choice, we can’t comment. But people like Partha will take it for granted and girls like Vandhana will make use of their weakness to get their work done. It is like giving and taking. When it is done with individual’s consent, even it is disgusting to watch, we can’t comment.”

Vidhya accepts Sindhu’s point of view and due to changes in her attitude, she was able to accept the society and adapt to such common happenings around her. Yes, life has changed a lot for Vidhya and she feels light now a days both at house front and office front.

Charu was getting used to the new route bus from her new house to her college. She checked with Vinaya to get the stop of her college bus near her house and got accustomed to the new bus route. She has set her room nicely with her study table neatly aligned with her college books and her usual other collection of books she usually reads. She was also interested in music and has also gone for classical singing classes in her native. She plays Veena and had got her Veena place at one corner of her room. Charu’s room can be seen from Vidhya’s terrace room which Vimal was using for his studies and doing exercises. Morning, she switches on some devotional songs. Before she gets ready to college, she also sometimes peeps out to see if Vimal is seen in his room. Sometimes, she will see him doing exercise in his room and sometimes, his friend’s gang will be seen with chitchatting of guys in his room in the terrace. Vimal tried his best to avoid her as he warned himself to stay way from Charu. But the morning music from her room often disturbs him.

One fine morning, she boarded the college bus and came to sit in the seat she usually sits. As it would be in the beginning of the first few stops of the college bus, the usual place acquired by Charu will be empty. When she was about to sit, she saw a rose kept in her seat. She looked at that and thought for a moment and then went to the next row and took a window seat. IN further stops, other students boarded the bus and due to increasing students, the girl who came to sit in her usual seat saw the Rose over there, took it, looked around and sat with the rose. That girl looked around the bus to check if someone is there and kept the rose in her head. This happened for the next few days and Charu avoided the rose and the same girl took the rose. Now Charu has moved to the next row and rose got shifted to the new seat she uses to sit. Looking at the rose, she came to her original seat and the same girl looked at Charu in that seat and she moved to the next row to find a rose over there. She took the rose and continued the same way and the next day, rose was again kept in her original seat and she did the same way of shifting to the next row. Now, the girl got annoyed and spoke to Charu.

She looked at Charu and said, “Hi, I am Ananya, I am from communication engineering and I know you are from Computer Science right”

Charu smiled at her and said, “Hi, I am Charulatha. You can call me Charu.”

Ananya: “I have seen you in our common classes when they conduct it together.”

Charu smiled back and said, “Really, Sorry… I have not noticed you at all.”

Ananya: “I know you never notice anyone and you seem to be like a book worm. Since you have started to come in this bus route , I have not seen you talking to any one in the bus"

Charu did not had an answer and yet she tried with some response, “Sorry, Anan…”

Ananya: “I am Ananya, Charu”

Charu: “Yes, Ananya, I speak very less. So, people, don’t prefer my company much”

Ananya: “I don’t think so Charu”, and she gave her hands and said, “Friends” and Charu was happy on her friendship. Though she moved with girls in her class for the past years in her college life, no one were close to her. They just talk to her to make use of her knowledge skills, sharing rather getting notes from her, for completing assignments.

Charu was happy on her new acquaintance and they both started shared their morning & evening bus timings and Charu found Ananya to be an interesting person, flexible and a girl with a kind heart.

The Rose drama was also happening and Ananya asked Charu, “Hey Charu, did you notice this Rose being kept for past week and it gets shifted if you shift to the next seat”

Charu was surprised, “Ananya, I never notice all such things around me.”

Ananya: “Really, I don’t give importance to these things. Can we do one thing, Lets to shift to the opposite side row” and Ananya smiled and nodded her head.

As they planned, they sat on the opposite side and the next day, Rose was kept on the opposite row and both girls looked at each other.

Charu: “I think Ananya, the flowers should be for you” and Ananya blushed back and said, “who knows, it could also be for you.”

Charu: “Come on dear. I am very simple. I am not attractive too, but you really dress well. You have a charismatic face too”

Ananya smiled back and said, “Beauty is not shown in our face. It lies in our heart dear”

Charu: “But the first instinct is the face and then after we move with each other, we understand each other right, either it is love or friendship”

Ananya: “Yes, you may be right. We need to check who this hero is” and she moved her eyes around to see the whole bus once and told Charu, “Most of them are looking at their mobiles and with their headphones. Who is the Romeo, lets wait and watch”

Charu smiled and told, “Leave that Anan, you asked for the notes right. Here are the notes and your record note with the completed drawings in that.”

Ananya jumped in joy and pinched both her cheeks in joy, “madam you are a great artist. These diagrams are biggest headache to me and you saved my internal marks. This HOD will not give us marks if the diagrams are not good and she reduced our marks”

Charu: “That’s ok dear.”

Ananya got her record books and gave her back a Diary Milk Chocolate with a smiling face. Charu opened the wrapper and they both shared the chocolate in the bus itself.

Charu: “Hey you always know my weakness” and took one more piece of Diary milk and in a tempt she pulled the piece Ananya was having in her hand with her mouth directly. They chitchatted and completed the chocolate sooner.

Ananya: “What Today, no roses from the Romeo?”

Charu smiled and said, “No idea” and suddenly a bunch of roses came and fell on Charu who was seated on the window seat. Both the girls got jerked and Ananya rose to check through the window and Charu did the same action and both hit their heads. They missed the person and they just went till the back seat to check who it was and tried to find out through back side mirror outside the bus. They could not find anyone. They sat together and Ananya: “Hey, it’s confirmed , It’s for you Charu”

Charu: “Am not sure. Anyways, leave it.” And continued with their usual chit chatting. The Bus entered the college and they had to part ways to their departments. They came to back to their route bus and came inside to sit in their usual place to find another bunch of roses and now they both got annoyed.

Ananya: “Who is this Romeo Charu? Not showing his face and playing with you like this?”

Charu: “Hey Anan, who knows Romeo’s Juliet might be you too?”

Ananya took that bunch of Roses and sat in their usual seat. They come early to the bus and normally Driver will also be not there. So they could not also check with the driver to know who it is.

Ananya: “Hmm… Romeo, who are you? Why are you playing with us like this?”

Charu looked at Ananya and then at the Rose and said, “Oh, God, Show my Anan’s Romeo soon. He should be good, smart, taller than her” and Ananya “Hey crank, stop it. No, he is your Romeo madam”

Charu: “Hey, you look beautiful, smart, you dress well.”

Ananya: “No, you are beautiful than me. A person who moves with you will like you so much Charu. You are such a wonderful person. The guy who is going to get you as his life partner is going to be lucky chap for sure.”

When they were discussing, they noticed a small piece of paper in the bunch of roses and Ananya took it out, “Hey finally, there is a message from the Romeo dear”

Charu was curious and they both opened it and it was written, “Hey beauty, you stole my heart with your simplicity”

Ananya: “Hey it is for you” and Charu, “No way, you look so simple. But I resemble very much like a village girl.”

Ananya: “Hey come, don’t have such complex.”

Charu: “It’s not a complex rather I don’t give importance much to my outlooks”

Ananya: “Hmm... Will get to know soon. I have been telling you to change yourselves”

Charu: “hmm... my sissy is also often telling me. But, let me make a try”

Ananya teased, “hey, is it this for the Romeo” and Charu: “Hey come on, I casually told and I would not even try.”

Ananya wanted Charu to change and she said, “Hey... no worries. Sorry, I will not comment like this ok.” And she suddenly reminded on something and asked Charu, “Forgot to ask, Did you register for the music competition”

Charu: “No, I fear Anan” and Ananya: “I Know you and hence I registered your name already and the competition is by this Friday. Practise a nice song Ok”

Charu: “Hey, why did you do this?”

Ananya: “I know you will sing well. I will get you ready before that. Be ready, we will go outside this weekend for you will see a different Charu after that”

Charu felt comfortable with her friendship and agreed to whatever she says as they were of same age. The Roses continued in the bus and Ananya changed Charu to a different outlook before the competition”

Charu was looking beautiful and gorgeous. Now her real beauty is made visible to others. Ananya dressed her for up for the competition. Her eyes were sharp after her eyebrows were trimmed and Ananya applied a thin layer of eyeliner on top of her eye lids which gave a sharpness to her eyes. She applied a mild lipstick that matched her purple colour designer saree she wore. This added more beauty to her. She put a single clip to her hair and her hair which was cut in a U shape till her hip and at the bottom it had curls at its bottom dancing when she came to the stage. Guys looked at her as newcomer and few guys from her class who identified her said, “Hey this is that brainbox da” and some other guys nodded that guys comment and she heard various comments, “hey, I can’t imagine my eyes and she is going to sing in competition”. “Hey look, she is changed a lot in her attire.” “ She is different and beautiful”

Charu became tensed by various comments and went to stage with her trembling hands holding the mic.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Indeed the phrases well imbibed. Ananya - a good keralite name reminds popular carnatic musician settled in USA.
    Known for her singing abilities in high octaves.
    Example:
    Which colour in mild application would match with purple? You left it purposely to keep reader guessing it.
    Charu a violinist daughter of my one of six bosom colleagues playing as an accompaniment to popular singers like sudha ragunathan.
    Narration is spot-on.
    I had vicarious enjoyment in the gathering that is looking forward to singing by charu a cynosure on
    the stage.
    Ananya bhat also comes to mind - a recent play back singer claiming huge hits in u tube
    Regards.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    aarthi28 likes this.
  3. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

You are Welcome! Well-deserved for your consistency. Keep up the momentum!

Thyagarajan and aarthi28 like this.
  4. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Yes there are lots of lipstick shades and for sure ladies will guess their own colors.

Yes, it will be a Cynosure for sure. Please catch that in the next episode.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Friends posting the next episode

Episode 70:

Charu became tensed by various comments and went to stage with her trembling hands holding the mic

Charu rendered the composition “Kannamoochi Enada yen Kanna, Nanna Kannadi Porul Polada” ( Meaning in Tamil – “Why is this Hide and Seek game with me Lord Krishna, I am Fragile like a mirror for your love” ) from the Tamil Movie, Kandukonden Kandukonden. Initially the music started for the song and she prepared herself within that period and made her mind towards Lord Krishna. She enjoyed and sang the song with Lord Krishna in her mind by closing her eyes. She was slowly coming out of her shyness in the college atmosphere and wanted to ensure that she presents it well to avoid comments from the crowd. It was her first performance in her college and she feared to the core. She was closing her eyes to ensure that she renders it with perfection. To avoid her inside fear and not to face the guys in the crowd, she ensured she closed her eyes and presented herself. But she truly thought of Lord Krishna as how her music teacher has taught her and presented it well. Towards the end, unknowingly Vimal’s face came in her mind and she completed the song with a smiling face thinking of Vimal as Lord Krishna. Her voice was crystal clear and there was a silence prevailed until she finished the song. Due to Ananya’s pestering, she agreed and joined the competition. In the stage with a single light thrown on her in the Dias, she was shown like a Meera singing for lord Krishna and she stole everyone’s heart by her singing. Two eyes were watching her without taking its eyes. She finished the song and opened her eyes and the prevailed pin drop silence opened with claps and whistles. Charu opened her eyes and for a moment she felt she saw Vimal in front of him standing with his folded hands leaning at the entrance door. Her eyes met his eyes and was distracted by Ananya who was seated in the front row. She thought it was an illusion of Vimal’s face came in front of her. Ananya placed her right-side thumb and clapped along with others in the crowd and tears rolled down in her eyes. Charu felt the true friendship in her eyes and she came down and Ananya ran and hugged her tight.

Ananya: “Hey dear, you rocked. I got goosebumps as I sat near the speakers. Your voice was so clear and for sure, you stole many guys heart by your performance.”

Charu hugged her and said, “You changed me Anan. Am happy to be with you.”

Many of Charu’s batch mates told, “Hey Charu, you rocked today. We never expected this from you”

Ananya: “You don’t know her worth and stamp her with a Granny look” and Charu suddenly thought about Vimal for a moment and his teasing way. She thought for her illusion and looked around to see whether he is found somewhere. She was not sure that whatever she is or however she looked, its Vimal and Ananya who has seen her truly. She turned around again and then thought to herself, “I don’t even know which college he studies and how can he be here”. She knows that he is in his final year and was doing some project work. While various thoughts were wavering in her mind, the Results were announced for the Music competition.

“Here comes the results of the Music Nite of this show, “Nightingale of this year” and there was a pause and continued, “ It is none other than Ms. Charu Latha from Computers Department”. Claps and whistles screeched everyone’s ears.

Ananya Hugged her tight and said, “I already know the result, who else they can give other than you” and kissed her.

Some guys, “Can we also kiss the Nightingale?” and Ananya stared with an anger face towards them and held her hand and pulled her from that place. Suddenly they heard some noise and the guy who commented about Charu had got a slap from another Guy.

Ananya: “Could this be your Romeo?”

Charu: “Hey come on Anan? Leave it? Will leave come” and she pulled her and they came to the bus.

They boarded the bus to see a bouquet of flowers in their usual seat and note, “Congratulation to my Nightingale. You look Gorgeous”

It’s now confirmed that the Romeo is at the back of Charu and Ananya was happy for Charu and told her, “Charu…. I was telling you right. The Romeo is at the back of my Nightingale.”

Charu: “Hey now I fear Anan. We were just playing within us and I really don’t know how to handle such things. I truly feel this is not our age and I don’t want to get distracted Anan.”

Ananya: “Hey, come on dear, enjoy this moment. I know you. Let’s think of that later” and they sat in the bus with the bouquet of flowers.

Ananya: “Charu, I never expected such a great rendition from your end. I know you have learnt Carnatic music, but your singing was too professional like a play back singer.”

Charu blushed and said, “Come on Anan, don’t praise me. It is my music teacher who has taught me lots of Krishna songs and the way she uses to teach us, we will feel Krishna in our heart and sing. It gives us a romantic feel and we will feel like swinging with Krishna, running around in a garden with Krishna and many more imaginations.”

Ananya: “Come on, you look and behave like a brahmin girl”

Charu: “Yes Anan, I have a close friend in my hometown. She is a brahmin and her mother is my music teacher. She taught me slokas, songs, Veena, and Carnatic Music”

Ananya: “Oh god, how much you know? But you behave so simple and humble”

Charu: “Nothing of that sort of Anan, Aunty is really good and uses to treat me like her daughter. Because of their acquaintance, many of my behaviours will resemble them as I had spent most of the time in their house when I was in my hometown”

Ananya: “Hmm.. What is your friend doing now?”

Charu: “She joined an engineering college in the nearby town at our native as they were not interested to send her anywhere alone.”

Ananya: “Ok. Hence forth, I will give your name for all music competitions and why can’t you participate in inter college competitions too.”

Charu : “Oh god. Leave me dear. I just tried this on your insistence. I am not interested much to move further”

Ananya: “Hmm… Lets see”

Charu: “When will they give the prizes?”

Ananya: “Hey, we will have culturals celebrated in next month and prize distribution will be during that time”

Charu: “Ok Ok’.

The college bus started and Ananya got down in her stop and in the next two stops, Charu got down. She walked down towards her home and while entering, she saw Vimal opening the gate of their house. He parked his bike and unlocked the gate to open to enter the house.

Charu took the bike key from his bike and stood without his knowledge. He opened and turned back to see charming Charu in her Saree attire. He got butterflies in his stomach but did not react and removed the bike stand to take the bike inside their house. The keys were not there and he searched around for the keys, tried to check in his pant pocket and puzzled as where he had kept that. Charu waved the bike key with a smile in front of hisr face and now Vimal could not avoid her face and he has to face her straight in her eyes. He again fell for her and couldn’t take his eyes off from her beauty.

Vimal: “What play is this Paati? Give me the Keys”

Charu gave a fake angry look and said, “Come on Friend, we had a deal, right? Don’t call me paati. Else, I will call you…”

Vimal: “Oh madam, Sorry. Please give me the keys”

Charu: “Why are you avoiding me, Friend? I am new to this place and your family is the only known people for us here. It looks like you are purposely avoiding me?”

Vimal did not have an answer and he stammered and said, “No… Nothing of that sort. Now give me my bike keys”

Charu: “You should tell me an answer now, Else I will not give your keys”, she said and waved it in front of his face. He tried to catch it but failed in his attempt.

Vimal: “What do you want Charu?”, he said in an irritating tone.

Charu heard his name from him for the first time and she felt it different to hear from his mouth and she continued, “Which college do you study? I forgot to ask you”

Vimal don’t want to answer for her and in a moment, he got his bike keys and started the bike and went inside.

Charu felt bad for a moment but moved with a smile in a sportive way. Vimal came back to close the gate and looked at the back of Charu who was approaching their gate. He saw her back side structure and hit his head, “Idiot, Don’t fall… Don’t fall, am warning you Vimal” and went inside their house.

Charu came inside the house and saw Chandrika and Chakravarthy sitting in the Sofa inside checking some papers and she happily came inside and said with Joy, “Mom, Dad and Akka, I had won first prize in Music competition today”

Chandrika noticed her change and she felt happy for her.

Chakravarthy: “What is that dear? What competition? You seems to be so happy?”

Chandrika: “Hey what a change in my sissy? You look so gorgeous? Any cultural event in college?”

Charu: “Yes Akka, we had culturals in our college and I participated in Music competition.”

Chandrika: “Good to hear and what song you sang dear?”

Charu told the song she sung and Chandrika knows her singing competency and hugged her and said, “I know you must have rocked. I am happy to see your change and it gives you confidence. I have been insisting you many times and finally am happy for you.”

Charu hugged her tight, “Time has to come for everything right” and she happily went to her room.

She was happy on her first winning moment which she has never expected. She thanked Ananya for her efforts whole heartedly and she felt a different sensation in herself when she thought of the winning moment of cheers, applauses, and comments from many known and unknown faces.

She opened her room and closed it. She opened her balcony door to get some good air beside mumbling the same song and went aside to put the bag on her table and removed her saree pallu. She saw her face in the mirror and told to herself on the image, “Hey Charu, you look beautiful madam, you look so gorgeous, where did you hide all these talents these days”

She removed her saree pallu and danced for the same song experiencing the moments not realising that she opened the balcony door. Her front cleavage projecting the beauty of her shaped breasts were shown. While singing the song, her sparkling eyes expressed the romantic wordings of the song,

“Un Edhazh kondu Vaai Mooda Vaa yen Kanna, Un Emai Kondu Vizhi Mooda Vaa, Yen Udal than un Udayalava” (Meaning in English - Lock my lips with your lips and Lock my eyes with your eyes and my whole body will be your dress)

While singing with her removed pallu in one side, she moved towards the balcony door and she stood still on Vimal watching her from their terrace at a very close sight.

Charu stood still not knowing her position and her cleavage of her breasts were showing the shape of her front side like a statue. Vimal could not take an eye off from her for a moment and she stopped singing on seeing him.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  6. Thyagarajan

What a vivid description of the “feel” of Chandrika on stage with that trembling hand at centre of large dark stage with spot light's tall cone of revolving colourful rays bathing her while the spectators ready to be enthralled in her sonorous voice - the gripping lines exuding the pure love nectar and the yearning partner.....simply superb here. It transport the mind of the reader to those wonderful cupidity.

Super narration for vicarious enjoyment or and entertainment. It brought in front of reader's eyes - climber-like saree-clad or semi-clad slim, wasp like waist & a slender- Aiyshwarya Rai with her rolling or roving eyes.

The reader would appreciate your song selection here for the character - Chandrika in college competition is an excellent choice unless they had heard the lyrics and watched it in movie or UT.

It reminded andtransported my mind to My daughter some twenty years ago participating IN MUSIC COMPETITION organised BY Leading Tamil channels and in the beginning during shooting in vee hours at Sun Tv, she was just closing the eyes to sing perfectly. Later she overcame that nervousness.
    RAJA GEETHAM for semi finals she sang this very same kannamoochi enada. She selected this most difficult song and practised umpteen times and won accolades and laurel.

Naturally. None could bat an eyelid when offered sight is eye-full.
    "That sight" - Would it be enough to impell or propel Vimal to dive or dart to Chandrika from his position on terrace?

A million $ question for sure!

aarthi28 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Addendum to my foregoing fb.
    The music night's ambience and atmosphere perhaps in open ground in middle of Dec winter dews in south Indian college - description by you reminds the story of a model who later turned out be a superintendent of Police. This post available in
    A Date With Fashion Parade - Pageant
    Regards.
    God Bless.

8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

It's charu and not chandrika. I corrected the typo later. Thanks for the FB and am glad that you travel with my story to this extent.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Friends posting the next Episode

Episode 71:

Charu stood still not knowing her position and her cleavage of her breasts were showing the shape of her front side like a statue. Vimal could not take an eye off from her for a moment and she stopped singing on seeing him.

Vimal was hearing her voice and came near her balcony side to hear her singing. On seeing Charu in that state, he stared at her for a moment and then turned around. He went inside his room immediately and Charu realised her position and closed her front by putting her saree pallu. She came back to her room and sat in her bed, bent down her head and cursed herself, “Oh god, would he have seen me in this state. What an Idiot I am? Oh my God.”

She stood up and closed the door and put the screen. She changed her dress to a nighty, put a messy bun from her loose hair, went to rest room, refreshed, and came outside. She still could not imagine about Vimal seeing her in that state and then she slowly opened the balcony door and saw Vimal sitting in a chair and his legs kept on the parapet wall of their terrace. He was wearing a trax pant and a black colour T shirt. His fair complexion suited his black coloured T shirt. He noticed her opening the door yet did not turn his face and acted as if he is keenly studying something. She looked at him for a moment and then turned her face and came inside her room. She thought, “Would he had seen me in that posture? Oh god what a Girl I am”, she cursed herself. She saw him closely and she could find that he was controlling his smile and she understood that he has seen her and his laughter that he was hiding.

She came back to her room and smiled to herself, “What is this feel? Am I liking him? Is it ok to get such feel? No Charu, this is bad, concentrate on your studies. Don’t waver your mind to such thoughts?”. She felt shy on her act and closed the balcony door immediately. Hearing the shutting sound of the door, he turned to that side and smiled to himself. Vimal was becoming craze of Charu and to the extent he was trying to avoid her, he was getting attracted to her more.

Sivagami was shutting her door and charu came back to her senses and came to open it. She opened to see Sivagami standing with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Sivagami: “Here, Can’t you have your coffee and go?”

Charu : “Mom, why this hurry, I should have come down to have it?”

Sivagami: “You have been telling something to your father and Chandrika. What is that? Some prize you won”

Charu: “Yes Mom, I won first prize in Singing competition”

Sivagami became happy and said, “Really, Nice” and she rolled her hand clockwise and anti-clock wise in front of her face and bent it to create a noise. She continued, “Oh, how much eyes on my daughter” and kissed her cheeks.

Charu: “Mom, come on” and moved aside with the coffee.

Sivagami stepped down and charu again went near her balcony and slowly poked her head by moving the screen to see whether Vimal was there. He was no where there, but his room was opened. She slowly opened the balcony door and came with her coffee sipping it. She was enjoying the evening breeze and sat on the chair over there. She heard some noise and turned to see Vimal coming out of his room and locking it from outside. She finished her coffee by that time and stood up and unknowingly her legs trembled as she thought that he had already gone. Her balcony and steps to their house terrace were so adjacent that if they have good jumping skills, they can even jump from the parapet wall of Vimal’s house to Charu’s balcony. He came with his badminton bat and approaching the steps and saw Charu. Something stopped him to converse with her, yet Charu started the conversation, “What Badminton practise? You don’t have Project works at all? Most of the time, I am seeing you with a badminton bat.”

Vimal: “What is your problem Paati?”, he asked in a teasing way.

Charu: “Dei, Anna! What is your problem If I know which college you study?”, she wanted to know which college he studies.

Vimal: “I told you n number of times not to call me Anna. If you call me so, I will not talk to you at all!”, he said and moved further towards the steps down.

Charu: “Oh Sorry. Why are you becoming so upset with me calling you Anna”

Vimal immediately changed the topic and asked, “It seems you are in good singing mood not knowing what is happening around?”

Charu blushed for a moment and Vimal smiled at her and said, “Shall I tell you something Charu!”

Charu was silent and nodded her head and Vimal saw her eyes and said, “You look beautiful, your voice is even more beautiful than that”

Before she could answer, he stepped down the steps and went down. He called his mom and said, “mom, I am going for Badminton practise” and he started his bike and went towards the gate. He got down to open the gate and turned to see her standing in the terrace watching him. He waved his hand and went out in his bike. Charu froze for a moment and sat in the chair.

Vinaya visited Vaishali’s house often rather daily after finishing their speech therapy classes. With Vinaya’s company, Vaishali was feeling confident and daily visits of Vinaya was bringing brightness to Vijay’s face day by day. He will become restless if Vinaya did not turn for a day and will ask Vaishali for the reason as why she did not come to their house. One day, classes were cancelled and Vaishali and Vinaya came to Vaishu’ s house soon. They planned to play carrom board and Vaishali prepared the table and went inside to bring some water and snacks for them to have. They were playing for some time while Vinaya messaged Vimal to pick her up from Vaishu’ s house in the evening. Vijay was back from his office and was surprised to see both at home. He slightly touched Vaishu’ s head and asked, “What happened, No class today?”

Vaishu responded “No” and mimed that the class was cancelled.

Vinaya: “Why can’t you say by your tone?”, she somehow trembled and completed it. For new people, they will feel pity for the way she spoke, but Vijay admired her confidence to attempt and complete that sentence.

Vaishali mimed and said, “I don’t have such confidence” and giggled.

Vijay looked at Vinaya and then went to his room. Vinaya noticed this, yet kept quiet.

Vaishali’s mom was about to leave the house on some work. She saw Vaishali and asked her, “Vaishu, can you drop me at Veda Auntie’s house please in your two wheeler?”

Vaishali mimed and said: “Mom, Vinaya is here. How can I come? Vijay has also come. Ask him to drop”

Vaishali Mom : “How much time? I shall wait”

Vaishali: “No Vinaya, it will take minimum 20 minutes.”

Vinaya: “No problem, dear. I have asked Vimal to come and pick me. I shall wait dear”

Vaishali nodded and took the bike key and went along with her mom. Vijay refreshed and came back to see Vinaya sitting alone. She was searching for something and Vijay, “Can I help Vinaya?”

Vinaya smiled at him and said, “TV Remote”

Vijay took it from another table nearby and said, “Can I help you? Which Channel you prefer?”

Vinaya felt a bit tensed by his presence. She has noticed him many times looking at her irrespective of Vaishu’ s or even his mother’s presence. She knew there is a difference in his behaviour in the recent days. She kept it light for her nature. But, as no one were there in the house, she felt tensed with his presence alone in their house. She looked at the mobile to see how much time is left for Vimal to come and pick her.

Vijay: “Which channel Vinaya?”, his voice distracted Vinaya.

Vinaya mimed, “Anything” as she was not comfortable.

Vijay: “Why, you won’t try to talk to me Vinaya? You can try it out to get more confidence!”

Vinaya did not get her voice throw and she tried to clear her throat.

Vijay: “What happened Vinaya? Any problem?”

Vinaya nodded her head and Vijay looked at her eyes straight. It was her sharp features and his fearless nature attracted him so much. Vijay decided in that instant to propose her.

Vijay: “Vinaya, Can I tell you something?”

Vinaya looked at him and said, “Yes”

Vijay: “Vinaya, the day I met you first, I had fallen for you. Please don’t think it has come out of some sympathy because I have a sister like you. I did not even know that you are Vaishali’s friend when I saw you first. I liked you on the first day I met you, continued to like you rather got attracted to you. You impressed me by many ways and I am still unable to stop thinking about you. I love you Vinaya, will you marry me”.

He continued, “I never thought Vaishali will leave you alone and go for some time. I wanted to make use of this opportunity to express my feelings for you. Please think about it. Please take your time and tell me what you feel. Don’t mistake me for making use of this time. If you don’t like me too, please be open enough with me.”

Vinaya got goosebumps by his words and she could not speak and was dumb stuck for a moment. She had not thought of love in her life as she was constantly focusing on working out to project herself in such a way that others would not think of her disability. She uses to chit chat with Vidhya, tease people, has supported Vidhya over her college days when she was in love. She had also supported her when she was ditched by Vidharth. At any point of time, she never thought about herself to get proposed by someone or getting some feelings towards some other person. It was totally a new experience to her. By that time, Vimal had come and his bike horn sounded. She immediately stood up and took her bag. Vijay also got up along with her and said, “Hey, I am sorry to have put you in an embarrassing situation. I am sorry again, if I hurt you by any means.”

Vinaya did not utter a word and left immediately with her bag and when she came outside the gate, Vaishu also returned in her bike. Seeing Vimal, she said, “Come in Anna”

Vimal: “It’s ok ma. I will come some other time”

Vinaya came and sat at the back of Vimal in his bike by putting her legs on both sides. He started the bike and Vinaya said “bye” and she saw Vijay standing at the entrance door of their house staring at her.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

very nice updates, curious to read about suchi's story and connection to the kid.

Thyagarajan likes this.