1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you have the guts to do this to your child?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@surekhap
    how many government school teachers going to school everyday and teaching the subjects to the students? did you ever visit govt schools in villages? Govt schools have bigclass rooms/ playground . it's not a big deal cuz government has power to grab the land. I know the complete difference between govt schools and private schools because my patents and myself studied in Govt schools and colleges But you must know the fact is once upon a government schools and. now the govt. schools are completely opposite poles. Check with your patents they must tell you the difference.

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@lathasv good to see u in this thread. I still support my argument . my both the aunts work in a government school teachers. they prepare models, teaching aids for the students, I never saw a private school teacher doing it.
    may be some government schools might be as u mentioned. but not all
    in tamil it is difficult to get a seat in cbsc government schools.
    kendriya vidhyalayas its far to us to even think of getting a seat.
    I my self as a Bed student in internship I worked in a government school where the children are so lively so enthusiastic I can never get a single student like in the private school I worked.
    I can explain this because iam in this profession and I know all the goods and bad of it

sindmani likes this.
  3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@surekhap
    I'm here because post#3 was mine :). Now I understand your feelings maybe 20%of govt school teachers are like you and your aunts but other80% they don't go to school regulary,having different businesses or working in private schools like that.
    I can't agree with you about only Govt school students are enthusiastic and lively.

1 person likes this.
  4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I do not know whether i will do that with my child or not. May be a background check very carefully will answer this question when times comes.

They say "jisko padhna hota hia wo kahi bhi padh lete hia "

Just wanted to add...i am convent educated till 12th , had prayers in morning and before leaving and my better half is from a Government school in Bihar.He passed high school with flying colors...got through reputed Engineering college in India and now works at good position in reputed company. I hear accolades of him from his colleagues. By the grace of god i am also doing good as of now.

However i speak fast stylish English where he speaks slowly properly and always grammatically correct English.Knowledge wise he is much higher....with knowledge i not only mean books but about spirituality and other stuffs.I wanted to leave Job after marriage as i wanted to enjoy life but he encouraged me showing my good academics that is that why i studied so hard...now i thank him for that.

My father in law was principle in government school , but i still do not know will i send my kid to goverment school even after seeing my husband. May be taking chance in this matter is a big thing.

I again retaliate jisko padhan hota hia wo kahi bhi padhlete hai and the home environment matters most.

5. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

It's nice to know about ur husband....nobody can say that 100%student of govt. Schools are failure...people with I intelligence and right attitude get successful even after not getting proper education ...Bill gates is one such example...
    Here if ur husband has gone to some private school then would he have been even better than him? This is the question to ponder on...

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I always keep thinking that...but i never tell him.
    he already pointed so many mistakes in my write up above grammar wise :p
    aj k liye bahot tarif hogayi.....:)

7. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

@Surekhap, condition of government college and government school is different....government college are good...for engineering and medical people want to goto government college only....IIT is also government college...
    KVs are also Good ....but normally government schools are not much guud if compare with private schooling....even if government teachers are b.ed and competitive but management is poor so they don't give so much of effort like private teachers do....even if private teachers may not be as capable of govt. Teachers but they have to put effort because of strict management..
    What is the use of capability of govt teachers if they don't put it in use...
    You can clear cut see the difference of personality development of students of govt.and private....
    Later on many govt. Student also improve in confidence and personality but what can be easily given by private school they achieve that with struggle...

What is the use of big building and ground if Childran personalities and confidence is not getting improved

8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion in this thread about what is meant by government schools in India. Municipal schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya, rural government schools are all being discussed interchangeably, when they are actually not. In general, the KVs seem to maintain reliably high standards across the country, although they have admissions standards and may not be open to everyone, in the sense that public schools in the US mostly are.

By the way, this is a very contentious issue in the US as well, where public education is the norm. For example, see here and here.

sindmani and racr like this.
  9. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I would be not sending my kids to govt schools in India, definitely not in my place. The standard of teaching is definitely low compared to other schools. I am not sure how different states in India have changes in the standard of teaching with respect to govt schools but definitely not proper at all in my place. There are exceptions to those, but how to find those exceptions. all schools which are private ( the class of them varies a lot) have atleast a satisfactory level of teaching. Some require enormous amt of fees in the form of donation and require that there is some influence to get into those schools. But I am afraid a common man does not have the means to secure any placement into those schools. I had been studying in some kind of private/ govt aided schools, so I do know how the system works. I was probably, by God's grace able to come across them and secure placement in tertiary education. But the teaching in general does not provoke the thought process of the children and more based on memorizing things and stuff. however the drilling to memorize those are being repetitive in private schools because they have to show that their school is topper in such subjects and is a money making aspect for them. This is not the necessity in case of govt schools as they are funded by the govt irrespective of whether the school shows success or not and the teachers are rewarded by the govt based on the govt pay and not on the progress of their students. This is basic reason why the students are cared or atleast made to endure hard work at private schools.
    Abroad, the situation is different. Atleast here most of them go to public schools and there is no necessity to put them in private as the standard of teaching is really not that different between them. My kids have been only to public schools and they have grades which are suitable for talented people and when they pass the exams required for them can go to those classes. The truth is there is no difference in the system of teaching and the exorbitant fees of the private schools abroad is definitely not in favour of most of the people and that makes the public schools better and make it attractive for all people. Moreover most of the top ranking schools are indeed public schools and hence people (except the ones who are able to afford the fees of private) tend to send them mostly to them.
    These things will be really hard to be expected in public schools in India where education is a business which is creating wealth for those running the private schools. So until that day when education system changes there is little prospect to see drastic change in the way the public and private schools function in India.

sindmani likes this.
  10. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Till elementary I think are the foundation years and a child needs to be in good school.I have been to a mixed no of schools, convents , one Vedic style schools, army public schools and then in my eleventh I shifted to a government school.actually in Chandigarh most people got admitted to govt schools for your 11th12th .they have a hi cut off was 90 percent in my time , good facilities a and also are ok if you miss school for coaching classes but then also I could not like it .teachers were really rude and they spoke to you like you were some creep.force you to study tuitions from them ,rPncipal could not do anything as they are in gov't job and getting paid .many have good political connections to get postings in city schools and not go in rural areas. My experience of studying in govt school was horrible. I went back to my army school in 12th. There are lots of good government teacher but most of them dont want to do anything.
    I would not experiment with my child's life.
    Like sokanasanah said there are different type of govt schools , the municipality schools , kv or central schools and then Jawahar navodaya vidhalya etc.in these kv and navodalya vidhalya which are kind of govt run boarding are still ok but most of municipality schools are in shambles.
    When I was doing my internship we would go to govt schools for health checkup and many of them had no classroom and teachers taught in open grounds or many had teachers who were drunk .sadly in punjab in my aunt's school the math teacher who is a male is a opium addict .she is principal but can't do anything as he has good approach. In punjab only recently after much efforts by educationist English is being taught from first standard.else English was taught after fifth. I dont know about government schools in south but I north most of them are in a very sad state.

sindmani likes this.