World's Richest Man - Warren Buffett

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Anushiv, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends-
    This is the Latest News, Now Warren Buffett is the world's richest man:clap

Global News / Markets
    Warren Buffett overtakes Gates as world's richest: Forbes

NEW YORK: Mr Warren Buffett has overtaken software czar, Mr Bill Gates as well as Mexican Tycoon Carlos Slim Helu to become the world's richest person, as per Forbes' annual list of billionaires.
    They are followed by NRI steel baron, Mr Lakshmi Mittal, Mr Mukesh Ambani and Mr Anil Ambani at the fourth, fifth and sixth position. Another Indian businessman, Mr K.P. Singh, has occupied the eighth position.
    In terms of wealth created in the last one year, Mr Anil Ambani is on top, followed by his elder brother Mr Mukesh Ambani. Mr Buffett has been ranked at the top with a net worth of $62 billion, higher than Mr Slim's $60 billion and Mr Gates' $58 billion .
    Forbes has put Mr Mittal's net worth at $45 billion closely followed by Mr Mukesh Ambani's $43 billion and Mr Anil Ambani's $42 billion. Mr Singh has a net worth of $30 billion. The other Indians who have made it to the Forbes list include Mr Ravi and Mr Sashi Ruia and Mr Azim Premji, who have occupied the 43rd and 30th spot with net worth of $15 billion and $12.7 billion respectively. Besides, the list also has Mr Senapathy Go palakrishnan, Mr Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and Mr Rahul Bajaj, each with a worth of $one billion. - PTI

2. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear anushiv

recently, i read that Mr. Warren Buffet works without even a mobile................he is really an awesome person isnt it.............

love
    padma

3. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

4. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear ansh12,

yes i have read this ppt last year,

we live a life with minimum things, you know what people talk abt us............"they are so "kanjoos", they mock at us........................but we dont bother abt anybody, this is what i teach my children too....."be simple, be a human being".......even now i have 2 to 3 friends , who take the toys, books, sweaters, which are in good condition, from me, and i take from them too.......................

love
    padma

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Warren buffet,

Is a richest man in all sense of the word. people say that he is not a good parent for not helping out his own daughter..but may be he had his own reasons..

He lives so simple..I get to read lot of his works, lectures everything when i browse the financial papers...and not a day goes when he is not quoted..

A greatBow to a simple rich man....

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Warren Buffet is really a known icon in the Business field. Not only his wealth but also his heart is really big. He donated an unimaginable amount towards charity in 2006. Check the article here.