Working Woman! Study? Accomodation? Life? Oh.My.Word

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by VinayaV, Mar 25, 2014.

1. VinayaV

VinayaV New IL'ite

Hello everybody!

Firstly, thank the heavens and stars that I chanced upon this site! I've been dreadfully bored all this while, and since all my colleagues are from the Philippines it's been a bit hard on me to adjust!
    Basically, I'm a married woman, who returned to Abu Dhabi after living in South Africa with my hubby man for a year. Since I need job experience, and I was raised here, I figured coming back would be a good thing. But has Abu Dhabi changed over the past 9-10 years!?! I left after 10th grade, so yes, it has been quite some time. Currently, I'm living with family. And since they maybe retiring soon, I've been looking for accomodation on my own. My Oh My! It has been hectic too! The place got so expensive! With my salary, I couldn't possibly get a gym membership and accommodation and savings!
    So for now, just looking around, peeking in and out in a couple of places, but haven't fixed on anything just yet. Need a room for myself, as I need the privacy when my husband visits. I don't require parking, I won't be even taking a car because, gosh, it's expensive yoh!
    Also, I've been looking for a library to get membership to! I love reading, but have been out of the habit for quite some time. Since I've only begun working for about 3 weeks now, I'm still waiting on my salary. Hopefully things will come through ^_^

So what do Indian ladies do around here to get busy? And I mean things not too expensive! Haha!

So that's about it all. ^_^ Cheerios! Hopefully will make some like-friends here. :)

Ciao!