working mom- finding it really tough

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by indughari, Nov 21, 2010.

1. indughari

indughari New IL'ite

Hi all
    I am a working mother of a four year old. Its been two years since I started working. I am in a dilemma. My son is going to school (L.k.g). He has class till 1.p.m and then he goes to his creche from where I pick him at 6.30-7.p.m.
    Im finding it really tough.
    I get up at 5.am.finish all my work by 7. and then I have to get ready, wake up my son, feed him, get ready, etc. and somehow by 8.30 we have to leave my house. In office also there s is lot of pressure. I enjoy my work. my office timing is till 5.30. even if i have some extra work, my sons image flashes to my mind and i have to leave my work behind and rush to his creche. I have brought a two wheeler but unluckily no time to learn how to ride it.
    When i reach home i just have the time to do bit of cooking, do my sons homework and by the time i go to bed it will be 11.p.m.
    I want to spend my time better. i want to give time for my son as well as for myself. Recently I have put on a lot of weight but no time even to do something about it.My husband is really busy with his work and i feel it no point getting his help.
    Kindly help me out with your valuable advices.

2. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Please see to that is it really needed for you to go to job. Spending time with kids is more important than the money needs. your son will grow only according to the wish of others as he is with others most of the time. Once time is spent cant get again.Money can be earned in many ways. You can do some house hold job or some other job near by where you can cutshort your work hour. Just analyse what you will lose if you go to job and what you will get if you get the job.If we cut short our needs definitely we can lead a wealthy life with out any compromise.

3. spari

spari Senior IL'ite

Hi indhugari,
    If you want to continue your job and spending money is not a big constraint,do hire a cook or domestic help for household rather than pressurizing.You can save the time you spend in kitchen with your kid after reaching home.How much ever womens get highly paid, i feel the time we spent with kid matters a lot.As all working mother i too carry this guilt but i make sure i spend enough time after reaching home.

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Getting a Full time/Part Time Maid is the best option. IF possible a cook too..When cooking , cook in Large Quantities and freeze it..So it can avoid some time of yours..Also small works like Cuttibng Veggies, Laundry, Folding Clothes can be done when you are helping your Son in Homework. Can your DH share some of the responsibilities like getting the Kid ready for school or feeding him etc????

Prioritize work....

5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Indu dear,his is exactly my schedule, but a little less hectic. We have moved closer to our offices, so the travel time from home to office is less than 10 min. Daycare is next to our house.So, my daughter will be home by 5.30PM everyday when I come back. I try to do as much possible to previous night and all cleaning, sweeping, mopping, laundry, veg cutting, kitchen cleaning is done by maid who come two times.

Evening are meant for relaxing and playing, but next year she will be in 1st STD, so will need more study time.:bonk

I live in BLR too, Please contact me through private messages. Try to send me a private msg, we can share tips.

Anu

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details. Trying to exchange contact information for a second time will result in the member losing all posting privileges. As members pay to exchange contact information, we enforce this rule pretty strictly. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing more of you on IL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  6. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

@Anu: According to forum guidelines you are not supposed to share your personal ids.

@Indhu: Things will go ease at one day. Do not panic now. I can see you have just started with this hectic schedule. I can sight many examples, including my mom who did house chorus, as well as took care of us and also worked in as hectic job as I do now. She managed well and I didnt miss much in childhood too. Do not worry, it will all get settled down. As others suggested hire a maid / take a day off once in fortnight. Enjoy the weekends have dinner outside some times. Or ask one of your parents to stay for a while.. a week or so. Not so long otherwise you will get dependent on them.

Hope it helps

Priya

7. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Indu,

Dont mind but can i ask how much ur husband helps in the whole day.If possible ask him to give u a helping hand atleast to bath the kid ,dress him,fetch him from daycare etc.
    Tips:
    U can buy cut vegitables.Infact u can order home made tiffin/meals if available.
    Learning a two wheeler is not that difficult .U can do it on weekends or just take 2 days leave & practice around ur home for few days then only take it to ur office & drive with kid.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Indu there is a separate section in indus ladies itself, 'parenting by working mom's'. Please do go there once, you will find women who are in the same boat as you and you will surely benefit fro their advices too.

Is t possible for you to cook during weekend's and freeze?

9. ramaraju

ramaraju New IL'ite

Motherhood is the greatest incarnation of a woman. Child need mother's care more. Children need to be brought up with Mother's education and Father's protection. Most commonly fathers are busy in earning the bread and providing for the family. With out mother's care, children are likely to walk on the wrong path. But the only way for a mother to earn is online jobs.