1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working leaving 15month old

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Cutiesri, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Friends ,
    I have 15month girl baby.recently I was searching for a job and I got a call from employer to attend interview.so I left my baby with my friend and went to attend interview.in meantime I got a call from my friend saying that she is crying a lot and she is not diverted by anything.
    I returned home without attending the interview and got excuse from employer to attend the interview on very next day.when I came back she was crying crying and slept finally...my dh took leave the next day and I got selected in the interview..now I am very much confused abt leaving her and I feel guilty too.please help me to get through this situation.what should I do now?

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Please put your baby in infant day care. i think they will have knack to console your baby.Most working moms have this option. I have seen 2-3 month old babies left in day cares abroad while the mom works.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  3. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

it will take few weeks to your kid to adjust in the new environment. its always good to leave your child with your parents or in laws at your home. if this is not possible prefer some good day care near your area. first few days leave for 1 or 2 hours and then slowly increase the timings. soon your kid will be used to the new place. if your friend is ready to take care also it is a good idea. there also you train like this.

4. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

It's difficult to bring my parents or in law here as they need visa and all other process..but is it gud idea to opt maid?or it's better to send her to day care?

Thanks for your kind reply!

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Cutesri

Go slow on her.Before you join the job take her to the daycare and leave her there for 2-3 hours everyday.Slowly increase the time so that by the time you join the job she'll be completely accustomed to day care ways.
    The day you left her at a friend's place , i am not surprised she cried so much.She had to face something that she was not used to and that too suddenly.Always bring such changes slowly in a child's routine.
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/199260-kid-having-tough-time-daycare.html

2 people like this.
  6. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Thanks dinny! I thought to hire a maid and ask my fathers help for few month till she is comfortable with the maid..nd one more thing he is not even talking a ingle word..before a month she used to call appa,amma,thatha but now she s not talking at all..

1 person likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Cutiesri, when you say maid, did you mean a full time nanny? Are you in US or India?

Normally it takes a a few days before kids get comfortable with daycare providers/ new people/ inlaws etc. So, give it some time. As others suggested, go easy, like leaving her one hour at a time. If she was talking before, she is bound to pick up more words. dont worry.

2 people like this.
  8. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,
    I am in Singapore...I can get a full time maid who can take care of baby,household things and cooking..so planned to hire a maid..is it better to leave my child in daycare or with the maid.i am confused in that part.

9. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Rakhii,
    In one of your post you said ur baby learned swimming.what age is ur child now and when you put her in swimming class?can we put 15month baby in baby can swim classes ?

10. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

cutiesri depends on your child weather daycare is better or maid at home. Some kids do better when they are surrounded by other kids and get distracted by playing with them. SO you see which suits best your lo. Also definitely give some time for your lo to adjust. Before you start working start leaving for 2-3 hours . Even when you will start working full time it will take your lo some time to adjust. Just be consistence and positive.

I put my son in swimming when he was 6 months old. We enrolled in mom-child class where I went in water along with him and we just did some games & getting comfortable in water. He was 1.5 yrs old when he started swimming classes . He is an excellent swimmer.