1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Work-Home Routine - How to make it reasonable?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by smart_soul, Mar 19, 2010.

1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

I'm a working mom(work 5 days a week) and my baby (1.5 years old) goes to a day care. The problem I'm facing is the workload of house hold chores every evening. After picking the baby I give her a snack at 6pm and then cook (cook fresh for at least the baby everday.. So when I cook for her why not for us also, I think.. Somedays I cook.. somedays I don't), give her a bath, feed her, eat, clean vessels, get food packed for next day etc., etc., This keeps me busy till 10.00pm almost and then I'm dead tired and some days feel guilty for not having spent time with the baby.
    • How do you working women manage these chores?
    • What kind of pre-preps do you do?
    • What kind of easy food do you opt for during week days?
    • In all, how do you keep your work minimal?
    Ladies, please post your routine/challenges that you face on a day to day basis. You never know some routine that seems difficult for us may work out for others.

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Iam a working mom. And I have two sons.
    Let me answer your Qs
    How do you working women manage these chores?
    My hubby share the things with me. Like he does the washing of clothes while i cook and take care of kids and He washes utensils after eating while i play with kids . He puts the kids to sleep while i prepare the things for next day.

• What kind of pre-preps do you do?
    I pack the baby bags ready for baby sitter like keeping pampers + clean clothes.
    I cut vegetable and onions for next day morning cooking. Daily we eat chappatis so i make the chappati ata at night itself

What kind of easy food do you opt for during week days?
    In all, how do you keep your work minimal?
    morning breakfast chappati and honey for us and for my elder son usually likes noodles or toast.
    Lunch - rice + chappati + subji + dal or some curry for rice
    Dinner - Idli for kids and Chappati + sabji for us

Try out
    Rgds
    Mrs.Naresh:thumbsup