Woodlands area in Houston TX - need information

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by mks77, Sep 16, 2008.

1. mks77

mks77 New IL'ite

hi all i am kiran. we are from karnataka india presently living in dubai(UAE).
    I am very happy to come accorss this forum.

My husband has been transferred to The Woodlands in Houston Tx and we (including myself and my 3.5 yrs old son) would be moving to The Woodlands mostly by Nov 08. Need our help in answering my (many) questions. ...
    1. Are there many indians in Woodlands area, which would be a good area to stay preferably with some Indian families around?
    2. What would be the rent in The Woodlands area for apartments/houses. Which would be better go for independent house or apartment?
    3. Any recommendation for a good kindergarden where we could put my (3.5 yr) son. how much would be the fees? He is attending Kindergarden here LKG now.

i probably would keep troubling you with more questions going forward.

Thanks in advance.
    kiran

2. towoodlands

towoodlands New IL'ite

hi kiran-
    did you move to the woodlands? i am moving with my husband and 4 year old daughter in a month. would love to get acquainted.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. arjee

arjee New IL'ite

Information on Spring or Woodlands Apartments. Also schools in that area.

I am moving from michigan to texas in a couple of weeks.I need to rent a place in woodlands/Spring area.Can some suggest a decent apartment in this area.I have a 4yr old and 2yr old.I am looking for some place where are some Indians.

Also can some suggest a good pre-school in this area.I realized that public schools in texas doesn't offer pre-school programs.Any information in this matter is appreciated.I am looking for a part-time pre-school where I can
    send 2 or 3 half-days

Thanks in advance...

4. kijo

kijo New IL'ite

hello!! kiran(mks77),towoodlands,arjee...and others..
    good to hear that u all moved here or still moving in.woodlands is a beautiful place.i came here in may 2009 after marriage.it's great here..i mena i loved it mainly coz of the pleasant atmosphere here and alo my neighbours..especially indian neighbours.they all are very nice.i stay in south millbend drive in village square apts.there are some nearly 15 indian families int this apt.all are lovely.i am lucky to have them.they all are so lovely and friendly and special mention very supportive n helpful.i had great time.sad part is we are soon moving towards downtown coz of my husbands job.if it was of not for job i would never go form thsi place.yeah there are some clitches to think when moving to spring or woodlands..they are no prper commute,stores are far,no good inidan grocery store or restaurant nearby..to go..we go all the way to fm1960 or hillcroft or downtown depending on our comfort to get the indian groceries n veggies.there's one store randall's just on the opposite side road of our apts.it's good and i guess a safe place.i haven't encountered any problem till now.yeah the apts where i live are quite old ones but good enough for staying..well happy moving n have great life in woodlands...

5. DeepaR

DeepaR New IL'ite

Hi iam Deepa currently living in Dallas..we are moving to houston in the first week of june.
    we are moving to The Woodlands area .can anyone suggest me any good apartmnts ...i have selected 2 to 3 apartments like lake wyndemere,sterling ridge estates etc..but want to know wether any telugu families or indian families live in these apartments..my son is 18 month old has lot of cousin brothers here in dallas..i think he gets bored if he comes there..seriously in search of finding a friend for him..thanks in advance..waiting for replies

6. Nandita46

Nandita46 New IL'ite

Hello Deepa, Kiran, arjee, etc..

My name is Nandita and my husband and I have moved to the Woodlands, about a year ago. But we had to travel to take care of some family affairs and did not get a chance to get acquainted to anyone in the Woodlands yet.

I would like to meet you all and get acquainted. Please let me know if that is possible and we can plan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
  7. inspringtx

inspringtx New IL'ite

Hi All:

I was very excited to find this forum last night and to see a lot of telugu indian families around spring\woodlands area. Anyone interested in getting together a weekly potlucks and playdates for the kids. Would love to make some friends and miss speaking in telugu lately. Hope to see you all soon.

Bye.

8. puja123

puja123 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Puja and I live in Spring with my husband. We moved here about a year ago, but due to work and travel, we really haven't gotten acquainted with many people. I am hoping to make some good friends here. We currently have no kids, and work in the downtown area. I speak Hindi and English.

Hope to hear from some new friends!

9. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Hi Indusladies,
    Greetings!

We 'll moving to Woodlands, TX 77380 within the next month or so. Could someone shed some light about the apartments in the area. I have 2 kids (the elder one goes to Elementary school and the younger one will be in pre-school). Please provide information on elementary and pre-schools in the area as well. My mother tongue is Tamil and looking forward to meet our Indians in Woodlands area. Thanks in advance.

10. harshanischal

harshanischal New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Nice to see you all here.I am harshini.We live in spring area and now planning to move to katy or woodlands so was just confused to decide on which place.I have a 4yr old girl.I am looking for some good indian friends and good school for my daughter.Any one with information please help..!!!!Looking fwd making friends.
    Thank you so much.. :)