Wonderful trip to MP

Discussion in 'Travel' started by roopadadia, Dec 10, 2007.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Recently, during the Diwali holidays we had taken a trip to MP. Our destinations were Khajuraho, Bandhavgarh, Jabalpur & Pachmarhi.

All the properties where we stayed were pretty good and couple of them even though maintained by the govt. tourism were really good and not the typical govt run tourist places. Initially we were hesitant to book these properties but had no option as it was peak season.

At Bandhavgarh we had styed at Mogli Jungle resort. The deluxe rooms were really good. The only activity there is jungle safari.

At Khajuraho we stayed at Clarks...again the property was really good...but the Manager was not really customer friendly.

At Panchmarhi we styed at Roch end Manor which is again govt run resor having only 6 rooms but with a very beautiful view. This is a Britishers bungalow converted into a resort. very well maintained.

One thing was very surprising that at any of the areas of tourist interest, there were no beggers pulling at your clothes or just running behind you till you are out of sight. Other than sight seeing this was one aspect which we liked very much.

Roopa.

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

her Roopa,
    pls write in detail about what all you saw there.would luv to know about the interesting sights there.

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

Nice write up and really useful info!! I have never been to these places but will file them away for later use...

The couple of places I've been to in MP are Bhopal and Indore. I liked Bhopal a lot because of the fact that it is situated on a hilly terrain...I still remember the beautiful magenta colored bougainvillea trees lining up the road while driving up a hill...I thought it was the most beautiful and peaceful sight ever...:)

Am looking forward to some travel pix now...:) do post them if you can...

love,
    Aarushi