Wonderful Experience

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by rajmiarun, Aug 31, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I just saw the announcement in this forum by Induslady that share your experiences. But when I wanted to post in it I found the thread closed. I started wondering then started a new thread. I want to share with you all five wonderful birth experiences. One is that of my MIL delivering my husband. The second and third the experience of my mother delivering me and my brother (all these are heard). The fourth and fifth my personal experience of delivering my daughter and son.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

DELIVERY EXPERIENCE OF MY MIL

My husband is the youngest of the four kids of MILs (so very dear to them). My MIL went into labour when she was 6 months and 10 days. She was rushed to the hospital immediatly. The doctor announced that either the baby or the mother could only be saved, and her MIL, my FIL and her mother all unianimosly agreed upon one particular thing and pronounced to the doctor that as there are three other kids it is the life of the mother that is important and they wanted the doc to give her all the care.

Then when the baby had born, the doctor was forced to take care of the mother and as they were not so sure whether the baby is alive they started giving all the medical attention to the mother. The baby just the size of the palm of the adult was left in a basin unattended.

Suddenly my MIL's MIL wanted to see the baby and wanted to know the gender of the baby. Then alone including the doc noticed that the baby is alive, and they started attending to it. Today I have a loving husband and a loving father for my kids. Thanks to that grandma who suddenly wanted to see the baby.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Wow thts such a heart touching story..:-D waiting to read the other delivery experiences.....

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Now the experience of my mother delivering me:

Even today she relates it with great teasing tone. It was in the month of November in that year suddenly there was a heavy rain and my grandparents were living in Adayar in Chennai. Due to the heavy rains excess water from the Chembarambakkam lake was let into the Adayar river and the river was about to flood. My grandfather and my two elder uncles have gone for their work. Other three uncles to college and school. It was raining heavily and my mother had started having labour pain.

No one to help and my grandmother was in a fix as to whom to call for help as there was no telephone at home. Suddenly my father who had wanted to check the wellness of his wife entered the house fully drenched and realising the situation rushed to the nearby auto stand. But lo all the automen refused saying that the place where my grandparents live is a low lying area and water will seep in into the engine and they cannot move any further if that happens. They suggested taking a rickshaw(which was very common 30 years back). Then my father was lucky to spot a rickshaw man with his cycle rickshaw who asked for triple the rate. Without arguing my father had to agree or his rate as my mother was in labour.

As there was lots of water near the house the rickshaw man pulled from the front and my father pushed from behind with my grandma and my mother in full labour sitting in the cycle rickshaw. When they reached less watery area the autorickshaw people helped and my mother was rushed to the hospital to deliver me.

After that year there was no such rain or flood in that river and I get the teasing.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Rajjo,
    Thanks. Keep reading and keep posting your feed backs.

6. diwali

diwali Senior IL'ite

hi,

wow great experiences! nice to read.

awating to read u r baby birth stories!

regards
    Srilatha

7. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

hey nice thread you have started,

touching birth stories!!!

tell us yours :)

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very touching stories....

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

My mother's experience of delivering my brother:

It was scorching summer in the month of May. Elder uncles have gone to offices, so my grandpa, younger uncle was enjoying his holidays at his grandparents village. I was with my paternal grandpa. My mother started having pain and after the first experience with me my grandmother had arranged with the local taxi man. So he had taken my mother and grandmother to the hospital. But suddenly the gynec said that as there is no much modern facilities in the Adayar hospital my mother needs to be shifted to a hospital in Poonamallee area which has all modern facilities as she thought that my mother is carrying twins(as there was no scanning facilities at that time).

So she was shifted to that hospital in the same taxi. But my father was initmated by one of my uncles that my mother was taken to the hospital as she is in labour. So as it was prearraged to admit my mother in the Adayar hospital my father went there. But cannot find my mother or my grandmother. After a hard search he found that my mother is taken to the Poonamallee hospital.

My grandfather was waiting eagerly to know about the delivery of the baby and suddenly my fourth uncle who had just come back from his internship called the hospital to find out the status and was told that my mother had delivered a baby boy. He called my grandmother to congratulate. But the most intriguing thing is my grandmother was not intimated of the delivery and it was almost an hour after my brother was born she came to know about it and that too by a phone call and not from the hospital staff.

Till date she complains that the hospital staff were all so irresponsible in not informing her.

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Diwali, slp and puni,
    Thanks for your feedbacks. You all too share yours please.