Wonderful Birthing...

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by VidyaaJ, Sep 10, 2009.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

I was walking around in our terrace on september 4th around 10 pm and found that the Kapaleeshwarar temple (a temple very near to our home) was open and felt like going to temple...

Me, DH and my Mom went to temple correctly for the palliarai pooja and got his blessings and came home after a small walk...

Suddenly at 2.45 in the night, I understood that my water broke and decided to confirm with the doctor first before waking DH and mom. Spoke to the doctor in the hospital and they asked me to come to the hospital...
    while I was sleeping, I felt very mild pain twice which would have lasted for 20 sec each.

Then woke my DH and Mom and Sis... My Mom immediately started getting ready... She lit the lamp in the pooja room and we started to hospital at 3.30 am. I was very cool and had no tension at all... I knew everything was normal.

While we reached the hospital, DH spoke to Deepa (dubbi) and informed her and she assured to be at hospital in another 30 mins. The nurse checked the fetal heart rate and was checking the contractions.. The contractions was very mild lasting jsut for 20 secs.. Then I was given a room.. and they allowed only one person at the room and asked others to come after 6 am. DH was with me and others waited in the car in the car parking... Deepa arrived.. It was almost 4.20 when I started getting pain.. The nurse asked me to sleep but Deepa insisted me to walk around which was really helpful to quicken the process... I walked in the verandah and i was getting pain for every five minutes which lasted for 30 secs.I just did the breathing and went off...DH was continously massaging my back whenever I get pains and deepa was constantly reminding me of the breathing...

Around 5.30 am, I was getting pains for every 3-4 mins which lasted for almost 1 min... The nurse came again and checked the FHrate, glucose... I managed now by sitting in the birthball and by rocking... It was manageable... and I had no tension or fear about the labour which has really helped me to cope up with the pain...

Then around 6.15 am, I had a mild nausea which ended up in throwing up... Once I threw up the doctor decided to take me to the labour room...No doctor checked me till that and I did not know how far was I dilated and whether the baby's head has come down or not. I was given enema and then I took a shower and changed cloths and went to the labour room at 7.10 am.. My pain slightly got intensified... DH and deepa were there in the labour room... the doctor came and checked internally and said I was in the early labour and was just 3 cms dilated... and I knew it should normmally take 4-5 hours to go to 10cms dilation from 3cms... Suddenly my pain got so intensified and felt like pushing.... I said this to deepa and she informed it to the nurse and thereby they informing the doctor.this might have taken around 20- 25 mins and I thought the pain was really worse with 3cms dilation and thought this will become untolerable if I reach 6-7 cms and was asking both my DH and Deepa if I can take Epidural.. They both were strongly supporting me and were diverting me from taking it... Around 8 am the doctor came checked and said I was almost 10 cms and can start pushing... It was really amazing... I couldnt believe that I reached that phase that early...

It was just 5-6 pushes and we got the lil one out at 8.40 am.. I didnt believe that I delivered my baby... The doctor announced that it was a girl baby... I was surprised to know that it happened so fast.
    LO was placed on my chest and the most wonderful moment was when the LO looked both me and DH continously for 2 mins... Deepa was near me completely and she was so happy to see the baby looking at us.

Then in nother 20 mins, the stiches were complete and that is when I really needed the help of Entonox and then was sent to my room at 9 am. Was so happy to see my mom and Sis waiting outside with tear filled eyes.

It was really a wonderful experience for me and I really feel so happy to see my DH being so responsible for the first time...

I think i have made the story too long... But cant help it...

Vidyaa

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidyaa,
    Lovely post with graphic details. For primy, your labour has been 'short' - thanks to all the support & help you received from J & others around you.
    Wish you & the newborn all the best.
    Birthing is an incredible magic moment in a woman's life - you are blessed to be a mom. Thank God for that privilege.
    [​IMG]
    take care,
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Jeffreena

Jeffreena Junior IL'ite

Hi vidhya,
    that was a wonderfull post on your experience... yeah birthing a real blessing and the joy you get while you have your reward live on your hands... it cant be explained in words.... congrates!!!
    convey my Hi to your newly arrived special guest...

both of U take care....

Jeffreena

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidyaa,
    Excellent birthing experience.Well narrated.
    I'm happy to know that things went on fine for you :)

Take care of yourself and your precious DD!!!

5. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidyaa,

congratulations on your bundle of joy.

good to read your birthing experience.

do take lots of rest and enjoy the motherhood.

love
    raji

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa,

Very well narrated.How is your LO doing and hope you are recovering.What is her name going to be?

You are really lucky to have a short labor for the first pregnancy,that too 3 cms dilation to 10 cms within 1 hour that was fast.

God bless all of you.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  7. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

Thank you so much for your wishes... Me and my Mom strongly beleive that everything is the blessings of Kapaleeswarar and karpagambal and the blessings from people like you around me...

Love,
    Vidyaa

8. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Jeffreena,

Thanks... yes I agree completely agree with you... It is a joy which cannot be expressed in words....

Vidyaa

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

Thank you... How are you doing...? I was trying to compose this right from my discharge from the hospital but hardly had time for that... was able to make it only today...I wanted this post to give me strength during my next pregnancy as well..:biggrin2: so narrated so detailed...(IL has became my diary for the past one year)

Vidyaa

10. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Thanks Raji... Yes I am just taking rest and enjoying... :)

Vidyaa