1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

With love and patience nothing is impossible

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 8, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

For a loving marriage Faith makes all things possible and love makes them easy

This blog I am wriing as Bee Amma told me to write about the prescriptions of a loving marriage

Mostly the couples who are married do not have the same tastes. They differ in many things. Mostly the wife has to adjust. In some cases the man adjusts.

In my case also my husband and me are north pole and south pole. In the beginning I also had problems. But then I thought if I have to be happy in married life I have to adjust according to my husband's will.

He is a gem of a person, only thing he is very economic, does not like to spend much on unnecessary things where as I like to enjoy life and like to spend money. For a happy marriage the couple should love each other, help each other, trust each other and patience and lot of adjustments are necessary to be happy.

I got adjusted to his way of living and never used to argue for anything. After the children are born we have to be more careful. If we start arguing or fighting in front of them it will affect them. Children learn everything from their parents only.

To love is nothing, to be loved is something and to love and to be loved is everything.

Carry a heart that never hates
    carry a smile that never fades
    carry a touch that never hurts
    and always carry a relationship which never breaks

Life is not a bed of roses. It is in the hands of the woman to make the house a home and make life a bed of roses.

viji

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hello Vijima

the first post i replied to you in which i compare each and everything with my similar situation.

The previous post i read and commented reminded me of my grandparents this post reminds me of my parents.You said your hubby is very economic whereas you love to spend.SAme my dad is toooooo economic whereas my mom wants to buy and use any thing she sees.

Yeah adjustment is very much necesarry but in my family day by day dad became tooooooooooooooooooo economic and mom tried to adjust but in vain and got fed up.

If you have love trust and adjustment also if the partner does not understand then life will be hell.

Male chauvinism plays a major role in many families.

Many basic things also males dont understand they want their wife do all the household chores the way she was with energy and enthusiasm at the age of 25 how is it possible at the age of 45?????they dont understand the medical changes and weakness of the body.There are few exceptions.

I feel adjustment could be done only to a certain extend.
    The partner should also co operate otherwise one gets fed up.

Co operation is more important factor which is ruined by ego in many families.

But in your life it worked out I am happy for that.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  3. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

I accept with this 200% :)
    and adjustment never sounds like an adjustment when it is for our loved ones..
    i always love being submissive in some cases and adjusting for my loved ones..
    ofcourse not completely..
    nor my loved ones let me completely throw me down for them..
    lucky me i have a good balance and adjustment and understanding in all my relations :)

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Another thought provoking post from you.you have beautifully narrated the ways to lead a happy married life.
    you are correct. Patience can win so many things.
    Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith.Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold.L ove, Hope, and Patience, these must be thy graces,
    And in thine own heart let them first keep school.nice post.
    with love
    pad

5. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Love is nothing:to be loved is something.Liked this words which is the basis for my life.Without adjustment nothing is possible,in either place.Am so lucky to have an adjustable hubby.He in turn says that am a most forbearance wife.With my patience moulded my shapeless hubby into triple-crown person.Myself also got corrected by him in many manners..Its a mutual understanding which brings succees in marriage life.Can make impossible matters into possible factors with love & patience.:)

Viji Ma!!!! Do come everyday with topics like this.
    Thanks for bringing up this fact here.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  6. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear viji aunty,

Yet another nice and interesting post...I always love to read your posts because in each and every post you give some message from your life and some advices for us....

As you said, my DH is also economic, he knows when to spend and where to spend, so I have learnt a lot from him I should say.... ...with mutual understanding and adjustments, we can make the relationship more strong and lead a more happy and peaceful life....

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Love and patience can move the mountains...

mutual understanding is the main ingredient in a successful marriage...

I am very strong person, dh is also one. but somewhere we do give space to the other person to move (you remember the story of the two goats on either side wanting to cross at the same time..these days the story goes one goat sat down and allowed the other goat to climb and cross..and in the process both cross the bridge..without falling into the river:idea).

I used to not like certain veggies but dh loved those, i learnt to eat them, and dh learnt to relish what i loved. so accepting to do things for our loved ones is the success rather than us foregoing in the name of sacrifice for our loved ones...

when it comes to spending dh is lavish i am too frugal (smart spender)..illanna balance irukaathu...

good topic...

8. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji Aunty,

Thanks for the beautiful post.

A postive mindset is key to personal happiness. The same adjustment can be viewed in multiple ways. As long as either partner views it as "love and patience" there will be no hard feelings in the long term. On the other hand if the same is viewed as compromise it can cause hard feelings in the long term. Endurance and smart management of emotions also help. A short memory of the othes faults also helps :).

Thanks again.

9. iyerviji

Dear Prettina

Thanks for your feedback and to know about your grandparents life and parents life. I feel because my husband was economic he could save something for our retired life and we are happy now.

Sometimes it is better to live for others . You feel more happy in that.
    In married life lot of adjustments are required to have a peaceful life.
    I changed myself according to my husband's wishes in which I found happiness but he also has always been caring and in some cases has allowed me to have my way.

My husband comes from a large family and he has seen a lot in life. So he knows what is best and has given me also the best.

Sorry the reply is too long I think.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

Dear Aparajitha

Thanks for your feedback and good to know that you have a good balance and adjustment and understanding in all your relations.

love
    viji