1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wishing good things

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by falgunid18, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Ragini,

To give that sort of silent treatment to others, the person needs to be more emotionally independent and that needs more maturity in life or at least very strong personality. I would say, it needs at least 10+ years of marriage life or no fear of facing the future?

2 people like this.
  2. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

No !! This is a big No !:notthatway:

Next time you have the urge to check your DH mails, remember IL :idea and change your addiction to IL by going to Good to Read/Write forums and read!!! Do this for 21 days and it will become a habit!!! :) :-D

Its really understandable that 6 years is definitely a long period that you have invested your time for this relationship and its a well-known fact that old habits die hard....BUT BUT now its a big NO for this habit..!! high-time you come out of this too!!!

4 people like this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

If you give him the silent treatment, he will make you pay for it. Like Freddy says, this is a risk you can take after evaluating your willingness and ability to face the consequences.

5 people like this.
  4. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Ragini,
    I completely agree with you and do not mind you sying this at all. But if were too to stretch it the same way he does, then what will be the difference in him or me. He may be a jerk or may be good, but at the end he is the my hubby with whom atleast I want to spend the rest of my life ( obviously only till I loose my last nerve). If I give him the same silent treatment, may be or may be not he might be reluctant to visit me the next time and this can incraese the already craeted gap between us -- much awaited by my MIL. My Dh has already surrender himself to his mommy dear, but all this happened just a yr ago and was very normal before. I want to get him out of his mommy brainwash phase.

I cooked for him, coz i Know how much he loves my cooked food and he must have hardly eaten all this while.
    I just want to bring him back to how he was before. I agree he did the most horrible thing of leaving me and stepping out and I can never ever forget this. But I have the entire life to grin about this. Right now not going seperate ways and getting together back again is my main concern.

Dont worry dear, once we are back together, I definitely will make him pay $$$$$$$ for what he did until I get satisfied or he goes bankrupt :)

7 people like this.
  5. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Yes yes. All i did for him was only cooking and nothing else. Conversation was minimal. He was watching Tv and I was playing games on his mobile. But we both had relaxed minds as we were next to each other.

3 people like this.
  6. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" . and thats how it should be.

goodluck.

4 people like this.
  7. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Great news Falguni.Happy for you

1 person likes this.
  8. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

It's so nice to see you in good spirits falguni. Just as you are trying to bring back the old self with whom your hubby fell in love with , make your husband work hard to bring his old loving self back that you fell in love with too. Let him know nothing less of it is acceptable. You deserve it. Good luck.

2 people like this.
  9. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

I'm glad things are looking good for you Falguni, but do keep your composure. I know you are already doing it, but take your time in forgiving him. And try not to talk about your ILs, don't give them any importance as its time for both of your bonding now.

You can read his mails if you want to, but let the ILs news not affect you. You could have omitted the TV part in the conversation, let them do whatever they wish to, maybe your husband too notices but has no idea what to do. So leave them out of your life now.

4 people like this.
  10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Good news Falguni.I am very happy for you. Try to do anything slow and steady ,step by step. Do not enter in any argument. Now,try to forget and ignore all the negative issues and try to live happily.
    Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.