1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winter skin care tips

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by kavithanandakishore, Nov 30, 2007.

1. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Re: winter skin & hair care.

Hi,
    Honestly speaking i use rita and shikakya to wash my hair.I crush them and add to water and boil and strain and add few more boiling water to the pulp and extract the juice,i keep both of it seperate.and use it to wash my hair.This i do when i am at home,or twice a month
    I use Bhaidyanath's Brahmi oil to oil my hair twice a week,a day before i wash my hair.
    Besides i use Ayur Coconut shampoo or Tulsi shampoo for other period and condition with panteen conditioner.
    Thanks for u wonderful comments.
    bye!
    sudha.v

2. Achintya

Achintya New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

That was very quick!

Will appreciate if you advise the exact procedure from soaking to washing hair with Reetha and Shikakai........... and also in what proportion you use them.

Thnx

3. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

I am using dove shampoo.I have not used any conditioners or any other specific product for hair.Hair is quiet lengthy and thin.After using dove shaampoo,it became soft,not much hair fall,but since it is soft it looks very thin than before. The hair should appear little densed.What should i do for this?I have slight dandruff also.How to get rid of this?

:)

4. vadapallisudha

Hi,
    To answer the first part of ur question.Conditioners give shine and makes hair managable.Its just like using a face cream after we take a bath.
    Well to give a volumnous and bounce to ur hair first i would suggest to check ur hair structure is it thick at the mane and got thin due to hair fall or is that the natural structure of ur hair from the begining.
    If it had gone thin due to hair fall go to a good parlour and get an hair cut which makes ur hair look thick,preferably layer cut.
    If ur hair structure had been thin from the begining then use the following:
    -Beat 1-2 eggs in a bowl,
    -Apply this from the root to tip and leave it for say 5-10m wash off.
    I generally do it to lightly oiled hair and before shampooing,but my friends say it works well after shampooing
    If u r irritant with the smell of egg,if u have hibiscus plant which has layered petal flowers than the 4-5petal plant
    pluck the leaves wash them and make a paste of it and apply it to the oiled hair or plain hair before shampooing.keep this for at least 20min and shampoo normally.
    The best and less effort tips r using warm castor and olive oil.massage it atlest 1-2hr before wash and wrap a shower cap or a towel dipped an sqeezed in hot water.
    wash well with a shampoo.

Now coming to the Dandruff part.
    My sister used methi powder once in a week to treat her dandruff,this she says has done for 3 weeks regularly.To make it more affective i would say add amla powder + methi power 1:1ratio and soak it over nite and apply in the morning before shampooing,stay for 30m-1hr and wash well.
    Hope u find them useful,bye!
    take care,
    sudha.v

5. vadapallisudha

Hi,
    Mine is a short hair so i would just pict a fist full of both.Shikakai doesnt give lather its a good conditioner where as rita is natural hair and body cleaner it makes hair bit dry so its best add the both to get the natual benefits.My grand mother still washes her hair in the same way and believe me she has such thick and natural hair,she doesn't needs an artificial hair to make a bun.
    bye!
    sudha

6. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

First of all thanks for your patience to give me tips.Ya it is thin from the beginning itself,so i will try the hibiscus.

:thumbsup

7. kavithajk

kavithajk New IL'ite

hi

where do i get the Nixion shapoo i stay in bangalore do suggest
    Even i have dry and rough hair :coffee

Kavitha

8. me3

me3 New IL'ite

Re: ~*~Winter Tips for Hair, Skin,Hands, Nails,Legs, Lips~*~

Nice tips. .esp butter for chappped lips.

n i gonna strt using oil before taking bath,thnqq:)

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Re: ~*~Winter Tips for Hair, Skin,Hands, Nails,Legs, Lips~*~

Very excellent and useful tips for the chilling and killing winter dear..Thanks a lot for the efforts you took..They really help!!

10. swan02

swan02 Silver IL'ite

Hi Smithakiran:

Try cetaphil moisturizer. If you like cold creams, Nivea works very well.