1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winter days!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Nov 16, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shanthi,
    I really envy you!!
    Here nothing as such other than just stay home during snow storm, freezing rain.

~Punitha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey puni,

You are welcome to chennai.

Though there is so much of activity, my guess the days are going to be hot as usual....chennai is now becoming notorious of remaining hot throughout the year.shakehead

3. puni88

Hi Shanthi,
    Thanks for inviting me!!

I guess, I like Bangalore weather more.

~punitha

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Punitha
    Youre son is so very cute. Just saw this thread. Recently we were in Alaska where we were told the sun comes out only a few hours maybe 3-4 if they are lucky. We did not visit a spot in Alaska where the sun never comes up for quite a few days in winter and does not set for a few weeks in summer Interesting
    You are welcome to visit me in Georgia where we have mildest of winters just a little chill early morning and late evenings but daytime is really good.

5. puni88

Thanks AC for inviting me to Georgia!!
    I really wonder how people would surviving at Alaska (not many people live there though).
    It is kind of hard to adjust to winter when we are come from such a warm country.

~Punitha

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Though just over a month we've been here in Montreal , we simply love the winter !! Too cold ----- too much of snow , but simply simply beautiful !! :wow
    Watching through the windows, the flakes of snow falling out of the sky like popcorn ; once it stops, we go out and try to wade thro' what looks like mounds of vanilla icecream, slipping some into hubby's & kid's jacket & hearing the squeals of delight ---- just FUN !
    There are also so many parks around where you can take the kid skating, toboganning down the small hills and sometimes just lie back on the snowy field and look up at the sky & marvel at God's fabulous Creations .

Though it is inconvenient to go shopping etc. during this time, we'll still miss it when it all melts next month. Anyway each season has it's own charm ---

7. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

Any one who is cold right now. I would like to give away some heat from florida and u r always welcome to warm urself up from my fireplace in my avatar.:)

8. puni88

Hi Madhu,
    Its a great avatar......

9. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Punitha,

such a cute little post....your son must be adorable. a nice cuddle from me to a cuttie pie.

warm wishes,

Aqua.

10. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Winter again:cool2:

Though there is no official winter in Chennai, the weather is very pleasant now :rotfl

My schedule goes like this: I love to go for shopping, Try new receipes (as it doesnt Sweat much), Outings, get togethers(by God'd grace - Festive season) what else gals pls share your thoughts Computer Typing

Regards

Rani