Wills

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Reenae, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

I think this would make a very interesting and informative subject for discussion. We all get to a stage where we worry about our assets and the future of our children. How to write a Will, how to execute a Will, the benefits and importance of writing a Will. How to create a Fund, how to appoint Executors and guardian/s for any minors. The inheritance tax issues, what to do after someone has died and how to cope not just with the emotional side but also the financial side, to make sure your loved ones are not left out in the cold!

Although we may know the basics of writing a Will, I think many of us have so many doubts and so many queries on this very important decision of our life. So, let's get our views together and share the knowledge on this most vital and useful issue.

Hoping to get lots of response, as I feel a Will is a must for every family.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

I came to know of this which is very customary in western countries when we contacted an investment adviser...he was astonished to learn
    that we were least bothered abt it............

So ladies ring in..........

3. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shravanthika,

Yes I think most people ignore this very importnat issue. I just hope we can make this into a top priority discussion and I hope that I can convince readers to agree that having a Will is very important.

Thanks to you for responding...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey reenae and shravanthika,

Nice topic. give me a day or two will come back with more details... had discussed this with my husband sometime back...

The reason for will not be a popular discussion here, is we think too emotionally..and will is taboo...

but we need to protect the interest of the people we love. I feel a will is a must.

Will be back....with what is exactly a will, and what are the requirements and what types of wills are valid...