1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will your dh help in cooking or any other home works

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chitrajaraika, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

my dh helps whenever possible

mainly for evening cooking he cuts vegetables while watching tv and i can do the rest for the cooking easily.

he will dust the appliances and helps me in moping if maid doesnt turn up.

he even irons if it is an urgent thing for me along with his pairs.

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

hi dnm

your pasta story quite interesting.whenever i cook chinese hotel noodles my dh join with me and help me.hence he too learned it how to do it.
    one day he said he will do some different potato fry.i said i will do it and give to you. he said no see my cooking performance.i said when cooking fried items please be in kitchen.i went to next room to do works. my dh came out and watch tv in hall.

when i enter into kitchen the potato fry became black and it smelled worst.i called him and showed his roast.then he didnt taste his recipe. good joke know.

i already prepare some veg items hence we eat that.

i laughed a lot on that day.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My DH helps a lot in cooking. We both work in different timing's and on his days off and when I am working, he finishes cooking. That way, when I go home, we just sit and watch a movie with popcorn or wine.
    Other days when we both are working, I finish the cooking before he arrives.

EDIT: Forgot to add; he is a great handy man around the home. He even built us a fire place! He also takes care of my car. He even washes it for me when ever he is washing his car. He also takes it to the servicing, change to winter tires in winter and all-season in summer, checks the mail often so that we dont miss to pay any bills....Oh, what a sweet thread. I love him a bit more now (if that's allowed :)
    Even when we went to India, he told my mom, "Aunty, you take rest for this week. Rakhi and I will cook for all of us". I was relaxing but my mom got a lot of help from my DH. He is their favorite now :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. chitrajaraika

Hi justanothergirl

Really lucky to have a such husband and kids.your are so blessed to have them.even you are in busy life everything is going smooth for you.All the best may god bless you everything.Thanks for sharing yours:):)

5. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

My hubby loves to cook.
    So when he's cooking something, we both will work together, prepare the ingredients, cut them etc. and he'll be the one to cook.

Sometimes he also helps when I am cooking.
    We love to cook together. We chat happily while preparing and cooking. :)

When I have lots of things to be done, hubby helps to arrange the bedroom and living room. At times he also helps me to fold clothes.

MIL prefers my hubby to help me with the chores. :thumbsup
    When we were newly married, I used to do everything for my hubby like putting rice on his plate, filling his glass with water (I still love doing it for him)...

MIL told me not to train him like that, it would be difficult for me to do all the work once I have kids. I still wonder whether she said it with good intention or she didn't want me to pamper my hubby so much that he'll start appreciating me more for everything that I am doing for him since MIL never did all that for him. :bonk

6. chitrajaraika

Hi raga

its nice to hear.mostly dh is helping you in all ways.thats great.i iwish you that your dh has continue this helping for you forever.

Enjoy raga.sweet pie so you are romantic couple.good:thumbsup

7. chitrajaraika

Wow really lucky you.What a blessed dh you are having.really he is very caring and helping you a lot.

your mil didnt got such dh hence she may be jealous on you:biglaugh:biglaugh

But before her eyes if his son doing work means she wont be calm too.:rant

My mil wont allow my dh helping but she permit to do some small works like making dough,preparing dosa.

sometime my dh help in sweeping,washing vessels and clothes.if mil not ther he will do such works.if mil there means she wont allow him to help me.My mil wont be perfect in any field:biglaugh:biglaugh

8. chitrajaraika

hi felonoposis

Nice to hear that your dh changed a lot and helping you.

hence now you dont need to strain like before.

Enjoy and work now

9. chitrajaraika

hi anvitha

you are blessed to have this life and dh.so your works are going smoothly as your dh helping in all ways.happy to know that enjoy it.all the best anvi dear

10. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

DH helps me a lot..from where i can start..i dont know abc in cooking and we started our married life in US without any elders for help..he thought me how to prepare dal,pongal..even i dont know the measurement of water for rice..he thought me many things in cooking..now i improved a lot..even now he helps me in cooking sometimes,helps me in cleaning house as well when he find leisure time..