1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will your dh help in cooking or any other home works

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chitrajaraika, Feb 7, 2011.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Thanks DNM and RagaPrasanna..yes it makes a big diff when kids esp boys see dad and mom doing all the chores. The boys now think its cool to cook and take out the trash. :thumbsup

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Really you are lucky sansmomy.how he is care and affection on you and your dd.Mostly some dh will say its a prestige issue.really happy to know this.

A perfect and mutual understanding couple you are.really superb information from you

3. chitrajaraika

my case is also like yours.but i trained by dh little by little.sometimes he helps means i only have to strain and complete.nowwadays he is well trained and helping me great.you also train him patiently like me i think.As we are girls we have experience in all home works but gents are like ukg and Lkg level.we only have to teach them in free service without any fee.what to do:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

its a good joke know they are our life long students:idea

thanks for your wonderful feedback

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. chitrajaraika

hi hobbes

yes some hsubands are like that.when newly married they will do all works voluntarily but after later they want to say some reasons and skip helping .how cruel thinking they never understand our feelings and tierdness always wanna see tv programs leisurely.

if my dh watches tv means i will train him to cut vegetables.he saw the tv and chop the vegetables.sometime he cut slowly as he freezed and watching tv.hence i monitor him and ask him to do the work fastly and efficiently.then he will do fast if i went to kitchen he slow his work then if i came do it fast good joke know.a laughing scene for me too.sometimes i hide in his back and see him but he wont cut and saw tv.when he see me he say i am cutting vegetables.i say i am standing for a long time behind you.then its a commedy scene for us.nowadays he help me in kitchen hence no diversion for him:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

5. westsideindian

westsideindian Junior IL'ite

I have been married for almost 8 years now and from day 1 of my married life, my husband has been helping me with most of the household chores. He daily does the sweeping and dusting. One or twice a week I will mop the house. Sometimes, after preparing dinner, he also used to help me clean the stove. Whenever, I am outstation due to work, he will also wash & dry the clothes.

Many say that I'm lucky to get someone like him as my husband as not many men would want to share in the work. The funny thing is he continues to do so even when my MIL visit/stay with us. First few times, I noticed her facial expression changed when she saw her DS holding the broom but alas..she got used to it..now sometimes whenever she visits, she leaves the sweeping out..we both (MIL and I) would be watching our serials and my husband would be sweeping the house.

Don't mistaken me ladies (I am not lazy) coz my husband feels that he is able to relax when he does household chores like this and also the house is extra clean with his "personal touch"... :rotfl
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. chitrajaraika

hi sachitananda

really your are lucky to have your dh.if we people are in joint family means mil wont allow their son to help.

Hence we people are in safe zone i think.your dh voluntarily helping you is a great news for us:thumbsup

7. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

Like others here, even my DH was reluctant abt helping me initially but this 6 months has changed him

Even after hectic time of his, he comes home rolls out chappati when i make curries..(I come 3 hrs ahead of him to home :bonk)..Infact he offers me more help when his parents come home..so that i dont feel the pain of doing everything..Love him Looooots:kiss

8. chitrajaraika

sudha ma you are rocking on all sides because i know your dh supporting in allways.hence i surely know that he will help you a lot in all ways.

you are very very lucky to have your dh.the last two lines of yours make me to laugh ipayuma vela paakraru good good.

enjoy ma.i will pray god bless you and your dh and give you long life with evergreen happiness:bowdown:bowdown:thumbsup

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

chitrajaraika,

i'm happy to say the even when we were staying with my pils, no one ever said that he should not do the house work or anything - not even his grandmother. so that way it was pretty cool. you are right, we are really blessed.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  10. chitrajaraika

But in my case mil wont allow my dh to help.Fil wont like my dh helping me.Hence i sometimes getting tired easily.

hence my condition critical but my dh help me secretly