1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will you tell all your and ur husbands salary to your parents?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Renu1999, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Renu,

Parents just want what is good for their child and they do it even if that child is grown up,married and has own kids.
    Don't stop calling them but if she asks about money tell her that :"Please lets talk about something else."...If she persists ..hang up with an excuse...don't call couple days..

Call up again and talk about everything except money..Mom will get the message.
    take care..
    FL

2. roses_bloom

roses_bloom Junior IL'ite

I think you are taking your mom's questions too personally.

She is your mother afterall, and like most parents she probably just wants to make sure that you are ok and that you are making sound decision. Eventhough you are an ADULT now, for your mother she will always want to be your caretaker and want to ensure that your future is secure.

Give the poor lady some credit and some leeway. Geez, think about it from her perspective. Don't start calling her less often because of this. that's ridiculous.

When she brings up finances and asks too many questions - either have an open conversation with her and tell her We are fine, let's not talk about this anymore - or simply change the topic.

I think its really really unfair on your part to call your mother 'money minded' and say that only money matters to them now that you are living abroad. It's rude, hurtful, and disrespectful. She's your mother and probably still thinks of you as her child who she can be open with and does not need to censor herself. Just please talk to her and sort this out.

1 person likes this.
  3. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

I just do not know about others but i tell everything which is good like if salary increased , if I take some gold coin etc , i tell all to my mom and feel that she becomes very happy for us, she never asked me the exact amount what my hubby is getting , but she feels very nice to know our progress in case of money and other things infect I sometime send my money to deposit in banks or post office( My dad knows well all these rds) And I have always the feeling that they become simply happy to know that we are not financially week and everything is just going well.
    I do not know may be because the marriage is not so old.

Yes I do admit I sometimes hide things from Inlaws:hide: as things are just opposite incase of my inlaws.

4. NAYA

NAYA Senior IL'ite

I don't work and my parents know about my DH salary ,but they don't ask all the time what are you doing or how much your expenditure etc etc , they just tell me not to spend to much ,but to save as the kids are growing.
    My mom will be giving tips whenever i call on how to do savings in domestic expenditure and how to save in groceries and all.
    My inlaws don't no about my DH salary , but they will be comparing with other people all the time and they say what we are doing the salary as we stopped sending them money from last 2 yrs.
    We did some savings and we are R2I next month and am worried as my FIL is from bank and we have to transfer it there.