1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Be My Valentine?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    why did you ask, did you not know that we are all your Valentines already? IL had made this possible.
    We have all become friends without meeting in person, knowing about each other. But as we interacted, we have become good friends, seeing only the mind and nothing else. Only later we have exchanged photos. We have developed a great bond in these few years.When Indhu called up that day, I felt as if I know her for ever, inspite of not interacting much. You sounded as if you knew me for long too, did you not?
    When this Valentine's Day started to become popular, I used to think about it and I came to the conclusion that the word 'LOVE' in Enlgish does not mean the love between a man and a woman. A Valentine could be any person whom we love or who loves us. So I used to wish all those I loved.
    I always give some special gift to my husband and son, making sure that the gift is something they could use daily. This year I presented a purse for hubby and pencil box to son, gift wrapped. Both were happy and like you (and all men) have not thought about me and had not got me anything at all.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Before the Valentine wave is fully over, I have entered into another controversy.

"Will You Play With Me?"

The title will appear beneath my signature as soon as I post the thread. See you all there.

Meanwhile I'll continue replying to the fb in this thread and continue with the daily quotes of Paulo Coelho.

love,

3. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

It is very kind of you to have read this thread even when you were sick. I am very happy that you have got the book. I think you are the first ILite to have bought the book after reading this thread. Of course, if we do not count Shanvy who has already read the book.

Thanks for the fb, thanks for acting on my suggestion and yes, a big thanks for the acceptance.

It is an interesting coincidence that you wrote about the lines on Jesus. In fact I had marked that quote for today but in the last minute thought that the University quote might be more appropriate. To honour your wishes I am advancing tomorrow's quote by a few hours and quoting the lines on Jesus.

Hope we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks a lot, Sudha, once again.
    love,

4. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Your opening lines were tremendous. I was floored. Thanks a zillion. Yes, talking to you on that day (I think it was in November 2007) sounded like talking to a close friend. Your husband also sounded very familiar and close.
    I think all of us ILites would have been born in our previous births as part of a big family or community. And the connection continues in our present births as well.
    Your definition of love and valentine is quite good and reassuring. Sorry to know that you did not receive any gifts on the Valentine's day.
    But let me confess to you Varloo, I am the least competent person to comment on your husband's and your son's thoughtlessness. For I was equally thoughtless if not more. While Indhu had literally showered me with gifts, I gave her nothing in return. Very typical of me. Typical of most men.
    Of course I got a good dose of sobering advice from my daughter.I hope I will become more mature, more kind and wiser by the next valentine's day.

Thanks for everything.
    love,

5. varalotti

Quote from Paulo Coelho's The Witch Of Portobello
    (Scheduled for Feb 19th but advanced by a day for Sudha)

Christ surrounded himself with beggars, prostitutes, tax-collectors and fishermen. I think what he meant by this was that the divine spark is in every soul and is never extinguished. When I sit still or when I'm feeling agitated, I feel as if I were vibrating along with the whole Universe. And I know things then that I don't know, as if God were guiding my steps. There are moments when I feel that everything is being revealed to me.

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Hi Varalotti Sridhar,

The story of Athena is really loving. Will remember to look for this.

The Valentine's Day should not necessarily be celebrated by just lovers and husband & wives. I want to be so loving to the people of this world as a whole. You are one in this world.

Love,
    Oviya.

7. varalotti

Hi Oviya,
    Please do read the book as early as possible. Earlier the better. The decisions which you will take after reading the book will be qualitatively superior. No doubt about it.

Exactly. This is what I wanted to convey. And this is what the author puts in the mouth of Athena, when she tells her love to a journalist. The leader post contains that quote.

I think I may have to thank Chithra one more time for indexing, for I am sure you have come here through the index. Am I right, Oviya?
    Love,

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite