1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Be My GF?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 20, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

Thanks for those beautiful compliments. I have a very peculiar problem. I can easily communicate my love to Indhu through mails, through writings and things like that. Indhu says that I cant do that so effectively in person.

And as you know very well, she has been my inspiration and my strength not only for writing but for my living as well.

Of course that does not make us in any way special. We have our own share of fights. At times it is more messy than you could believe.
    Thanks once again.
    love,

2. varalotti

Thanks Malathi. Thanks for the concern. We had our fight yesterday. God has created both of us with "in-built" drishti poosanikkai. (Believe me I am not talking about our physical size)
    regards,

3. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    From your experience I learn that for a woman it is very difficult to form a clean, platonic friendship with men. But with the lessons learnt you are bound to be wiser and choose better friends in future.
    It is better to be wary and vigilant than very enthusiastic while choosing your friends especially if they belong to the opposite sex.
    regards

4. varalotti

Dear Sundari,
    I would love to be your friend. But the kind of conditions.... my God, I am no where near it.
    I will fail even in the pre-qualifying round. With all my women friends my contact is once in three or four days. With some it is once in a fortnight. And it is hardly by chat. I prefer the email because in a chat your responses are quite impulsive.

Sundari, if you find such a person, please let me know. I would like to get an autograph from him.

Very poetically expressed, Sundari. I am sincerely praying God that your "ideal" he should come to you soon.

There is another area where I fail. My GF herself a good writer and a poet once read my poem and told me, "Sridhar your prose is poetic but your poems are prosaic."
    I am nowhere near your ideal BF. But you know something I have already fallen in love with that man. You can start writing more about him in your blogs. I am sure they will become popular and people will flock to comment on them.

love,

5. varalotti

Dear Lakshmi,
    Your post is quite special because of two reasons.
    You might be knowing that yesterday's treasure hunt question (the last one in the qualifying round) was about your name. The answer was your user ID and your real name.The answer has been posted just now. When I posted the question yesterday I was thinking of you, how come I missed your posts. And now you have come in this forum.
    Second, since 1975 I have been worshipping Ganeshji. For me he is love, He is God, he is my friend and everything. He has been with me through the thick and thin of my life.
    Now that we have a common friend in our Dear Ganeshji, your fb becomes quite special. And that makes you my GF already.

Well said, Lakshmi. Indian women living abroad have to fight gender bias especially against Indian men.

Thanks, Lakshmi. But you are already my GF thanks to Ganeshji.
    regards,

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalottiji,:hiya

I was totally unaware of this question. Well, it made me feel great knowing people are talking about me.

Thanks for the nice words BF.Bow

Your wife must be lucky having a hubby with so many GFs. All needs to do is put her feet up & say "Hubby just tell one of your GFs to cook for us"Big Laugh

Regards,

Corallux

7. varalotti

Dear GOF Kamla,

(GOF stands for good old friend; and here the word old does not qualify the age but only tells about the longstanding friendship)

I have been breathlessly waiting for your post in this thread. I do not want to miss the writings of any of my GOFs. So thanks for coming to affirm what I have said and also to add your own two millions (two cents is too little a value for your precious writing) to the on going discussion.

With something like 20000 ladies around, more than half of them being better writers than mine, I have to resort to some kind of marketing. Otherwise I will be lost amongst the beautiful writings of the beautiful ladies who live in this beautiful community

Now they say that even with your spouse with whom you might have been living for decades you need to frequently reaffirm the love. So GFs need more of reassurance and reaffirmation. Thanks for giving it to me, my dear GF.

Friend, I know you are far better than me in keeping those "sleezy feelings" under control. As a writer I had to experiment with the most dangerous thing in the whole world, the human mind. My repeated experiments lead only to one inference. You can never be too careful with your mind. At least that was the saying applicable with full force to me. So anyday I would rather live with that precautions than risk everything in just one night's "roomy experience."

You are right. You get some excellent insights in an opposite-sex relationship which you cant get in a same sex relationship. So with due precautions, a virtual opposite-sex relationship may be more precious than a same sex relationship.

Only the one and only Kamla can come with this kind of a pragmatic problem. Not only my girl friend, not only my good friend, but even her baby will know very well that Varalotti can never "babysit". So if she is a real GF who knows me well, she will not ask me to babysit. But if she does not know me then she might ask. But then she might not be a Good Friend, in which case it will be easy for me to say No. How's my reasoning? Hair-splitting or hair-raising or you want to just pluck your hair?

Thanks for the nice post, my dear GF.

Love,

8. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for reading my FB patiently and with positive attitude.

My signature motto is very simple - Whatever be the driving force - Whatever you do out of that driving force, whether you pray or serve - it simply states that "this holier than that".

Yes, me too sailing in the same boat regarding that friendship statement:cry:.

Ok, points noted regarding your safeguards and safety measures :biggrin2:.

Long ago I wrote a poem on my school and it was published in my school magazine. But still I need to develop my vocabulary. I have not written any poem in this site, but have written threads. My latest one is "I miss my dearest WELL a lot" in the "Snippets of Life" forum :cool2:.

Thanks a lot for this opportunity.

9. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Thanks for those beautiful words. But I hasten to add that don't consider us as the ideal couple. We too have had fights, arguments, and everything that every couple has.
    As to the drishti part, I bow to the motherly concern in your words. But as I said in an earlier reply we have come with an inbuilt drishti poosanikkai in the form of fights and differences in tastes. There is of-course an underlying love which holds us together and it is her love that makes me write, speak, work and live.
    thanks once again,

love,

10. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    thanks for the sweeping statement. I am ready and willing to accept anyone who cares to be my friend.
    Friendship with me is not a position in an organistion or a job for which I am recruiting persons. So the question of criteria or specs does not come in at all.

Thanks, my dear friend.
    regards,