1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will I be forgiven:-(

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shruthi10, Jun 23, 2010.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Shruthi, I am sorry to say you passed idle gossip and caused so much trouble. For one thing, I wudnt talk about a girl's character when she is her marriage function.That too definitely not to her in laws. I know the MIL might be your aunt. But that doesnt excuse what you did.

I also cant believe your friend and mother spoke about it quite eloquently at the wedding where there were guests from the groom's side. That was downright rude and it shows lack of morals. I wudnt do that to anybody.So what if the girl had all the problems you mentioned.She is not marrying into your family or your friend's. So you people had no right to behave as you did.It shows total lack of respect.So your friend saw the bride fill her prescription where she works. Its still not her business to talk such bad things about the girl and that too in her wedding.No wonder the girl had a meltdown.

Your sister was smart in her communication with your aunt.You shud take a lesson from her.She seems to be mature.If i were in your place , I wudnt keep in contact with such friends.

So the girl had a meltdown in a week of her marriage.That doesnt prove anything. She might be driven crazy by your aunt or something else. If your cousin is okay with his wife, nothing else shud matter.Do not cause any more trouble and tell your aunt you dont want to get involved and let all this die down.

but I dont like woman who sleep ard (if this was true abt her)...I am sorry if u disagree...but these are my moral and religious values...

Have you seen her do it. You dont even know whether this is true. So you shud not be talking something u have no idea about. Coming to your moral and religious values, You can practice it in your own family. You cant sit in judgement for the whole world on your values. People do what they do becoz they want to.We cant condemn them for that.You shudnt either. They will follow their beliefs and their comfort. Unless its our own family I dont think we can advocate our values on the world.

Anyway my fren told my aunt that she doesnt wanna get involved and did not say anything...but my aunt is also in the wrong to involve my fren now right....she shld just leave her son and DIL alone...

Your friend shud have done this before!!.Not after causing so much trouble.That applies to you too.What good is it now if you keep preaching your aunt to do the right thing as you and your friends caused a big crack in her relationship with her DIL. You can be non communicative to your aunt for some time until all this dies down . Thats the only solution to this. Good Luck.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. shruthi10

shruthi10 New IL'ite

I am so sorry but I just wanna forget this whole episode..the next time I meet my aunt, will let her know my fren and I are liars..we lied abt the whole thing...if this wld help the gal, I am willing to do it. I dunno what else to do...my hubby does not know I blurted out the depression thing and he wld be so angry with me if he knew. I wish to close this thread...tks.

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Shruthi, you don't have to say you are a liar. Then it will make your aunt to feel that you are being insincere and just trying to smooth over the situation. Just say that you are not sure at all whether your friend is telling the truth and you just got carried away for a moment. Don't make the gossip seem like top secret info or else your aunt will never rest till she knows the whole details. So just make it seem like it was cruel gossip and like any person could, you lost your sensibility for a minute and believed because it was your friend who said it. Just say your friend is 'like that' and sometimes spreads gossip without knowing it's accuracy. It'll probably feel like crap to impune your friends reputation with your aunt, but I think it's the only way to discredit the gossip. And since your aunt will probably never meet your friend again, I don't think there's much harm in your aunt thinking your friend is trouble maker (which, she is). Your friend opened this can of worms, you try to put the lid on it. GOOD LUCK!

4. shruthi10

shruthi10 New IL'ite

Dear Asuitablegal,

I met my aunt at a function yesterday and she just ignored me...my fren's mum was there and she spoke to her!!! So now, I have become the bad person!!!

To defend myself, the reason I believed my fren is because she is the bride's cousin and the bride had stayed in her house once or twice...this is what led me to believe her...I blurted out abt the depression thing because my aunt kept asking me why I looked down and why the bride kept telling my aunt not to have anything to do with my fren and her mum...my aunt also said the bride was weird and wanted to go to the supermarket in her night gown (this was one day after the marriage reception)...

Anyway, now my fren and her mum dun say anything...so it looks to my aunt/cousin that I made the whole thing up...I dun even know the gal...

I shld not have said anything....in facebook, my cousin made a statement that he wld love the gal no matter what pple said abt her...obviously something has happened...I realise my mistake...only time can do the healing..

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Shruthi, It looks like you are not the culprit here. Your friend and her mother are. It seems like they were angry at your cousin's wife and her parents for not inviting them and made a huge cry at the wedding.I dont know at what circumstances they had you come into their words,but it happened.
    After damaging your relationship with your aunt those people cant suddenly turn noble. Sooner or later your aunt will realise you are not the culprit but those two are. It seems to me like your aunt is continuing to talk to them to extract info about the DIL. What ever she will know sooner or later one of these things. Either that DIL true nature or your friend and her mother's meddling nature. Whatever happens you apologise and let it go. Its done and over with from your side.Dont make a big deal of calling yourself a liar. You are not. You just came into some loose talk. Thats it.I will also say stay away from your aunt. She might cause you undue stress in long run. Good Luck.