1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will Friendship lead to liking, and on long run into physical intimacy?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Venu99, Jul 15, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

U seem to be a young lad who gets influenced by movies do you?:))

Well,I saw your other post about weather & company...

Seems u r feeling too romantic these days and is craving for a beautiful and classy girlfriend who show off to your peers and have fun:)

Let me tell u something..movies and real life are two poles apart.Movie stars get paid in crores and walk away!in real life try to follow a gal and then u will know what happens lol..Yes! sometimes it is fun to have a gf and have some romance but it is very very short lived..

Real life is a whole different thing!! After the initial passion..only marital problems,inlaws problems,then kids,their school,job etc etc etc..

I am not trying to burst your bubble but trying to make you understand and not spend time on these things alone are they are nothing but short-lived temptations..

So concentrate of studies,job,try to improve fitness,read good books,friends etc..ofcourse keep some time for romantic feelings(it is needed too but not 24/7)

So relax,have a cup of tea and go out with friends or family or watch a nice movie and move on..

Good luck:)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    sindmani, FromMars and Venu99 like this.
  2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

friendship doesnt necessarily leads to attraction but attraction is often a follow up of friendship....

it means that to be attracted to someone we must have some sympathy which is the same basic for friendship - sympathy. It starts to be problematic if people mix up those things or overrate being "a bit" attracted by someone, having a good friend, or having a crush with true love...

Edit: i think question is bit wrong.... friendship doesnt lead to liking - liking leads to friendship as if i dont like a person i wont become friends with that person.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    sindmani, FromMars and guesshoo like this.
  3. Venu99

Venu99 Bronze IL'ite

Aruna....yes i think it's all the movies effect. Thanks a lot for giving a true account, that helps me. :) Yeah let me try do some of the things u told me to. And regarding marriage, yeah in couple of years. And i know marriage is all about routine stuff, so i am delaying it. And for the romance or romantic thoughts, once in a day i spend time with them, but nooo 24*7 :eek:mg:

sindmani and (deleted member) like this.
  4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

[h=2]Will Friendship lead to liking, and on long run into physical intimacy?[/h]
    You might like your friend and it need not lead to attraction/love/intimacy.
    I had a guy friend and he really likes me but i am least attracted to him as a partner though i like him as a person. Its case to case basis though. Not all friendships leads to relationships

1 person likes this.
  5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Marriage , responsibilities are in north pole and friendship, intimacy are in south pole. So they both are not on same page. Yes, some do the friendship and intimacy thing but that is temporary. At last you have to settle down with someone.

6. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

[h=2]Will Friendship lead to liking, and on long run into physical intimacy?[/h]
    Someone getting closer is possible, only if they know and like one another atleast to some extent Now, just because a guy & girl like the other person to talk to or hang out as friends, does not mean it will lead to physical intimacy.

So, the answer is "NOT Always"

The question is like asking "Does travelling on road, cause an accident ?"

1 person likes this.
  7. renold4u

renold4u New IL'ite

but it depends a lot on the note how it all begins